Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Turret Drive Belt problem

I have 2 machines that the short turret drive belt started slipping around the cam after i changed them I am using the brunswick 12-150113-600 belt that also lists the quality number 27-8621. I have placed 2 fresh coats of paint on the cam and the problem is still there. Could it be that these belts are to hard?

thanks
    Doug
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Short Turret Drive Belt problem

if they are not ment to slip try a bit of belt grip spray

Comment

Slipping on the cam??? Wow, never seen that before. My only thought is that possibly the turret clutch got out of the slides when you changed the belt, causing a total loss of tension on the short belt. With the indexing latch locked, and any tension on the belt at all, slipping on the cam ~should~ be impossible:

Kevin

Comment

you need to change the short drive pulley.
        Ross

Comment

Doug,
          Possibly too much drive coming from the Turret Clutch Drive Pulley.
          May-be the Long Turret Belt Tension Spring is adjusted to tight.

Andrew.

Comment

Andrew:
            You are correct in advising the replacment of short turret DRIVE pulley, not the driven pulley.
            What happens is the pulley wears in such an irregular pattern that the short belt cannot slip in the pulley as designed.
            The result is often the short belt is actually pulled in two, or as in the case described, turning on the driven pulley, which in that case, increasing the spring tension will result in belt pulling in two.
            Roscoe

Comment

I have two pinsetters that the short turret drive belt is slipping on the cam. Both are in machines that I have rebuilt the turret completely. I have new lower pulleys, new belts, and have the spring tension adjusted just tight enough to make sure the turret indexes. Neither machine is causing any problems, so I just let it go. The strange thing is these are two of four machines I did at the same time, and the two machines that have the slipping belts are the even machines. I know it means nothing, but it's just kind of weird.
              What ever you do though, DON'T USE BELT DRESSING as suggested in an earlier post. If it's not causing indexing problems, don't worry about it.
              Idiocracy

Comment

Hello Doug,
                Have you tried 12-150113-000, It depends on what style cam you have. The other part number Is a different length belt.
                DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

I wonder if it's possible that there is something wrong with the belt and its bottoming out on the indexing cam??

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                  Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

HELLO DOUG,
                    I FORGOT TO PUT IN MY OTHER POST, THERE IS ALSO 2 DIFFERENT TURRET DRIVE PULLIES ALSO
                    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Hey Doug
                      I would look into changing the short belt drive pulley like the others have stated.
                      I also think by painting the indexing cam you might have decreased the friction on the cam.
                      The belt should slip on the drive pulley.
                      But if the cam is slick from new paint the belt will slip on the least friction it has.
                      Try installing a new drive pulley and then if it still slips try lightly sanding your new paint on the indexing cam.
                      Graham

Comment

Hey guys do you think that there is any posibilty that it could be the belts being to hard. Doug told me that he had never had this problem untill he changed the belts on these 2 machines. One of the machines has the offset hub and the other has the 2 piece type. Just thought due to timinig of the belts begining to slip it was most likly bad belts.

Doug has been busy remodling a room in the 28 lane center and hasnt got to investigate this much and he asked me to ask you guys. He thinks it could be the belts are to hard.

Ps. It was me that wrote the original post in this section not Doug.

Thanks
                        Kevin [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Try swapping the short turret belts off the machines that work, with the ones that don't...just a thought...

Comment

The easiest way to solve any turret problem is to put the machine at 270 degrees, setting new pins. THEN REMOVE THE MOTOR TO GEARBOX BELT. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL. You can then lift the two rollers on the cross conveyor to stop the pinwheel. Now, you can turn on the pinsetter and manually index the turret while you are sitting on the deck, and actually see what is happening!!!
                            This way, you can see if the block on the time delay gear is making full contact with the time delay latch, so you can determine if the short turret belt has stretched, or if the rubber stop has worn too much. There are many other things that you can see this way, because you are able to see underneath the turret assembly from all angles.
                            BUT, YOU MUST TOTALLY REMOVE THE MOTOR TO GEARBOX BELT TO DO THIS!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse