Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator pan wipe

Ok well here's an odd question, but just curious is all...

Is there a certain way to install the accelerator wipe in the pan. Again just curious...
    My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

I always lift up the plate and tuck the wipe under the plate a little bit so it wont get pulled out and go down the track

Comment

The wipe should be slightly under the plate. If it isn't...the wipe will be pushed toward the Y switch. As the ball enters the accelerator, the ball begins to spin faster than it is moving through the accelerator because the ball does not ride on the bottom of the accelerator trough...it rides on the sides. This causes the ball to need to rotate many times in order to get the ball to move from one end of the trough to the other end of the trough. This causes the outer circumference of the ball to spin faster than the sides that are riding against the trough...and as it spins, the ball drags against the wipe. This is what "cleans" the ball...this "wiping" action as the ball spins over the ball wipe. Imagine a car (1970 Chevelle ) with its rear wheels resting on a piece of cardboard. Now accelerate from a standing start. What will happen to the cardboard? This is the same effect you will see with the ball wipe. If it is not under the plate...it will be pushed rearward instead of being held in place by the plate.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Great answer Steve...as always That's how we do them here. Was curious if there were better alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil_B View Post
          Ok well here's an odd question, but just curious is all...

Is there a certain way to install the accelerator wipe in the pan. Again just curious...
          OK, here's an odd answer,,,,,,with the clean side up??????

I had to explain this to a pinchaser one time!

Then came the gift of explaining the ball wipe @ the power lift, and the clean side went down!!!!!!!!

Comment

LoLLLLLLL

Comment

I had a friend with an 8 lane center that took the time to install Velcro on both the trough and the ball wipes. Worked pretty good...but I don't think I would do it that way. As a matter of fact...I don't do it that way.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I had a mechanic once who inserted the transfer plate into the wipe. Worked great but the wipes all ended up with big holes in them on both sides.
                -- Larry

Comment

I install them with the open end of the sleeve at the rear, pad goes against the transition plate, sleeve is above and below the plate but not far enough back to get between the plate and the spring loaded bolt under the plate. The pad will wear after several years of rubbing on the plate, but the sleeve will only show wear from balls. The 3 foot ball wipes from EBN or Scripps Northstar work really well if you have Zot kits in the accelerators.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse