Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turret clutches

As part of our summer maintenance projects, we have started pulling out turret clutches. Changing the clutch facings, cleaning and oiling them is easy. The bitch is getting that damn slide plate back in the right way. Is there an easy way to get those back in there and lined up correctly ? So far we are having a hell of a time getting them back in. Maybe its better to just leave plate in there, and just check the spring, clutch facing, and all the other parts. Besides, after we do finally get them aligned properly, something else, like bending the short link, seems to need adjustment. Any ideas on an easier way to remove and align turret clutches without it being such a pain in the ass job ?

Re: turret clutches

jodee
    When I run into this problem I take out the slides and mounting assy. You should be able the adjust the slides ever so slightly. This will give you a little extra room, but be careful. You can go too far and the sleeve and plate assy can come out a little too easy. This is important after you've reassembled the clutch and it falls out before you can get that short turret belt back on. The next time you pull one don't be in a hurry, play with it, find a happy medium.
    Sometimes I just loosen the nuts holding the slides in place which allows some extra movement. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    John B
    ------------
    just fix it

Comment

Re: turret clutches

THE EASIEST WAY THAT IVE FOUND TO GET THE SLIDE PLATE IN CORRECTLY IS TO REBUILD YOUR CLUTCH AS YOU REINSTALL IT. BY DOING THIS YOU PUT THE SLIDE PLATE IN FIRST BY ITSELF. PERSONALY ,I DONT DO THEM THAT WAY, BUT IT JUST TAKES SOME PRACTICE AND IT WILL GET EASIER EACH TIME. I THOUGHT THAT SLIDE PLATE WAS A REAL PAIN WHEN I FIRST INSTALLED A TURRE CLUTCH, BUT NOW ITS NO SWEAT.
      HOPE THIS HELPS !
      THE MAN
      "if all else fails, theres always duct tape"

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse