Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turret clutches

As part of our summer maintenance projects, we have started pulling out turret clutches. Changing the clutch facings, cleaning and oiling them is easy. The bitch is getting that damn slide plate back in the right way. Is there an easy way to get those back in there and lined up correctly ? So far we are having a hell of a time getting them back in. Maybe its better to just leave plate in there, and just check the spring, clutch facing, and all the other parts. Besides, after we do finally get them aligned properly, something else, like bending the short link, seems to need adjustment. Any ideas on an easier way to remove and align turret clutches without it being such a pain in the ass job ?

Re: turret clutches

jodee
    When I run into this problem I take out the slides and mounting assy. You should be able the adjust the slides ever so slightly. This will give you a little extra room, but be careful. You can go too far and the sleeve and plate assy can come out a little too easy. This is important after you've reassembled the clutch and it falls out before you can get that short turret belt back on. The next time you pull one don't be in a hurry, play with it, find a happy medium.
    Sometimes I just loosen the nuts holding the slides in place which allows some extra movement. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    John B
    ------------
    just fix it

Comment

Re: turret clutches

THE EASIEST WAY THAT IVE FOUND TO GET THE SLIDE PLATE IN CORRECTLY IS TO REBUILD YOUR CLUTCH AS YOU REINSTALL IT. BY DOING THIS YOU PUT THE SLIDE PLATE IN FIRST BY ITSELF. PERSONALY ,I DONT DO THEM THAT WAY, BUT IT JUST TAKES SOME PRACTICE AND IT WILL GET EASIER EACH TIME. I THOUGHT THAT SLIDE PLATE WAS A REAL PAIN WHEN I FIRST INSTALLED A TURRE CLUTCH, BUT NOW ITS NO SWEAT.
      HOPE THIS HELPS !
      THE MAN
      "if all else fails, theres always duct tape"

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
      Working...
      X