Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin elevator "bumps"

Ok, can't remember what they are really called but they are the little bumps around the pin elevator that keep the pin in the slot. Some of our machines have 2 or 3 of these missing and you can imagine how much action there is in the pit with the pins falling and it slows things down. What fixes have you used? Is there a kit where you can put a "bump" back in some way? Thanks for reading the post.
    Howard

Re: Pin elevator "bumps"

howard,

i beleive you are refering to the pinwheel buttons inside the pinwheel. there are only two ways i know of that can cure this problem. 1) replace the missing or worn button. quality or vantage, i think it's one of those two companies, sell buttons and i i recall correctly you must order the welding rods with them. i've never had to do it so that's as much info as i can give. 2) replace the entire pinwheel. not cost effective but it will fix the problem.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Brunswick and quality both sell pinwheel buttons ...

On metal as thin as a pinwheel is, you better be a real good welder, or pull the wheel and get someone with a MIG to put them back on, I believe some wheels had them spot-welded, which is probably why they're falling off.

Not sure if you could braze them, someone else will probably answer that ???, but Personally, I think a MIG would be the way to go:

Kevin

Comment

Kevin, Murrey also has pinwheel buttons, pin pockets and complete(solid metal) pinwheels in stock, just check our catalog.

Comment

Using a mig is the only and easiest way to put them back on the correctly. Any decent mig welder should be able to weld it on the machine, I would unplug everything including CPU cables before hand and secure the area real tight from sparks.

Drill
          Drill

David Bolt
          Champaign, IL
          USBC Silver Coach
          IBPSIA BOD
          IBPSIA Advanced
          Technical Certified
          Pro Shops

Comment

First...if I were going to weld a button on...I would remove the pinwheel from the machine. Takes 15 minutes to remove. Takes alot longer to rebuild a bowling center after a fire.
            Second...I don't weld them on. I drill a hole into the back of the button, going all the way through, having the drill exit at the tip of the button. I then tap the hole to 1/4-20. Touch the tip on the grinder to remove any burrs that might damage pins. Use a 1/4-20 X 1/2" bolt with a 1/4" fender washer. Bolt the button on from the outside of the pinwheel. The belt will lay over the head of the bolt and no damage will occur. The fender washer will form to fit into the groove for the belt as the bolt is tightened. I have used this method for over 20 years and have had no problems. I even use the original button if I can find it. They are usually laying under the pit board and fit nicely into the original hole. If the place you are going to drill into has some old weld material on it, grind it flat before you drill. You should find this repair permanent and very easy to do with no risk of destroying your pin wheel or your bowling center by trying to weld such thin metal.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

had a butten fall off one of my machines (when they were mine...) I had a new tech that was a magician with a welder..
              useing a arc welder he had it back on in about 15 minutes and besides the paint missing you couldn't tell it was ever missing!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X