X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raising pinsetters

[This message has been edited by ken (edited 10-18-1999).]

Re: raising pinsetters

While I can't say I've done it, I'd try (one corner at a time) removing the hold-down bolt, running the jack screws all the way up, then put a piece of bar stock between the kickback and the machine leg (between the jack screws). Then loosen the jack screws until the weight of the machine is off them and put the longer ones in. Then replace the hold-down bolt and go to the next corner.

Maybe someone who's done it will have a better idea, though

Kevin

Comment

hey!

i've had to replace a couple of pinsetter "feet" that had come loose and gone crooked. They were on A machines converted to Jet-Backs. What I did was to use a standard floor jack, you can get one at your local auto parts store. I then used a piece of 4x4 wood, and cut a "V"-notch in it, so the frame wouldn't slip off the top of the wood. I placed the floor jack in the flat gutter, with the 4x4 from the jack to the brace that runs from the front frame leg, to the rear frame leg. You might want to put a piece of 1/2" to 3/4" of plywood in the flat gutter, if your gutters arent in good shape, or if just for peace of mind. I was able to raise our pinsetters completely off of and over the hold down bolts on the kickbacks. Just take care not to shake the pinsetter too much.

Wookie8662

PS. You might have to unbolt both legs on one side of the frame to raise it. I had to unbolt the front and rear legs, just to raise the rear high enough.

Comment

Gentlemen:
        The simplest way to raise the machine load off from the kickbacks, thusly the leveling screws is to jack directly under the deck, lifting the deck approx. three inches then continue lifting, which will lift the complete mch. This is the way we remove and reinstall, mchs, installing a lift cart under the deck. The only thing to look out for is, If you have the old style restricted drop linkage,ie, the closed loop, you may want to remove them at the two 1/4 in'' adjusting
        bolts. May sound brutal, but trust me, its the way it's done, always has been since the late 50's, as in 1958.You can lift one side at a time as long as you loosen the opposite side, so as not to bind the opposite side hold down bolts, have replaced and or put many hundreds of bolts, as well as kickbacks this way
        rfm

Comment

Gentlemen:
          The simplest way to raise the machine load off from the kickbacks, thusly the leveling screws is to jack directly under the deck, lifting the deck approx. three inches then continue lifting, which will lift the complete mch. This is the way we remove and reinstall, mchs, installing a lift cart under the deck. The only thing to look out for is, If you have the old style restricted drop linkage,ie, the closed loop, you may want to remove them at the two 1/4 in'' adjusting
          bolts. May sound brutal, but trust me, its the way it's done, always has been since the late 50's, as in 1958.You can lift one side at a time as long as you loosen the opposite side, so as not to bind the opposite side hold down bolts, have replaced and or put many hundreds of bolts, as well as kickbacks this way
          rfm

Comment

well ive taken a oor pin to take the load off of the frame it seems to work for me it takes prussre off the frame try it and let me know if it works my e-mal is diggler@prairie.lakes.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X