Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turret stops indexing

Help!!!!!
    I have a machine that after the 5 pin indexes to the 9 pin it stops half way in between. I have changed the turret clutch, short turret belt and long turret belt. There appears to be nothing binding. I have also tried to tighten and loosen the tention spring.
    Anything I missed.

thanks
    tony

Re: turret stops indexing

First thing i"d look into is the 180 interlock linkage. sounds like the turret belt cannot overcome the pressure required to push the long link back, would remove the v-pan and with the deck on floor manually turn the turret thru this binding position. unplug the main motor and use the deck lite for assistance. unless you have an old style snubber on, they also can interfere with rotation, however not usually in the position you describe
    rfm

Comment

Check for clearance between the 5 pin probe and the trip pedal when the pedal is down. If the probe is bent upwards somewhat (or the pedal adjustment is off), the probe can catch on the bottom of the trip pedal and bind the turret. The latch will be open, but the turret can't index.

Kevin

Comment

Did you also change the short turret belt pulleys?
        I would be VERY careful because the tip given in the other thread goes against the OSHA lockout tagout rule!
        It sounds like a good tip but I would not be anywhere near the machine when you do this.
        Just because the motor belt is off it is NOT locked out.
        If you get hurt IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
        Grambo
        Sorry do drive home a point.

Comment

Posted a reply earlier to the OSHA problem:
          Either they go through in two's or not at all. Nowhere did I see anyone advocate removing a motor belt, with the deck down,and running a pinsetter. What was suggested was to unplug the motor cord from the electrical channel, then use the pin deck light to faciliate diagnosis of the turret linkage. To suggest there is any safer way to insure, no one comes along and traps you under and/ or over a deck is ludicrous. Lock Out Tag Out has been with us a long time. How do you LOTO a machine, and run electrical diagonsis, how do you LOTO a machine, for your pinchasers, to clear the simplest of jams. Lets get real and not try to confuse those we are trying to help
          rfm

Comment

Either they go through in two's or not at all. Nowhere did I see anyone advocate removing a motor belt, with the deck down,and running a pinsetter. What was suggested was to unplug the motor cord from the electrical channel, then use the pin deck light to faciliate diagnosis of the turret linkage. To suggest there is any safer way to insure, no one comes along and traps you under and/ or over a deck is ludicrous. Lock Out Tag Out has been with us a long time. How do you LOTO a machine, and run electrical diagonsis, how do you LOTO a machine, for your pinchasers, to clear the simplest of jams. Lets get real and not try to confuse those we are trying to help
            rfm

Comment

rfm

Comment

Tightening the adjustable spring for the long turret belt can overcome some of the energy needed to index from the 5 pin to the 9 pin. diggermastermsch

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X