Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of range kits

I AM LOOKING FOR ANYONE THAT HAS HAD EXPERIENCE WITH THE OUT OF RANGE KITS ON THE BRUNSWICK JA-2

Re: out of range kits

I have the Mulbro (quality) automatic OOR kits on all 16 of my Jetbacks. They work well, have only had to fiddle with 2 of them to get them to work right. Did you have a specific question, if so, I'll try to answer it>

Kevin

Comment

We have the kits on all our A-2 machines,116 pinsetters.The kits work great.
      Peanut

Comment

We have had oor kits on our machines since 92, when they first came out. We have not had very many problems with them at all. I check them once a month to make sure they work properly.

tony

Comment

We are currently installing the O/R kits on our machines. 30 of our 40 now have them and they work great provided that the deck holding hook is adjusted properly. Also we shave about another 1/8" off of the latch for positive engagement and disengagement of the pin on the sweep hook cam follower.

Comment

WE HAD INSTALLED 32 OUT OF RANGE KITS ON J SERIES PINSETTERS WITH ONLY A FEW ADJUSTMENT PROBLEMS WHICH A FILE QUICKLY RESOLVED. THIS KIT WAS DESIGNED BY MULBRO MFG. WHO THEN SUPPLIED QUALITY BOWLING CORP. RAY MULLEN WHO OPERATES MULBRO SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP WITH ANY TECHNICAL INFORMATION YOU NEED. PHONE NO.908 805-0290.

ED.J

[This message has been edited by EDJ (edited 02-27-2000).]

Comment

When I worked for Triangle Bowl , we installed the kits on all 40 machines in our center. They worked great. They started using them in our other centers with A's or A2's. Now that we have started a new company, these kits are automatically put on during installation of pinsetters as if they were orginal equipment.

Comment

i installed the kits in my A2's last year and have had very little trouble with them.and i bought them used, even better .they can be a little fun to set up on a machine that's 30+ years old but once you get them workink they are great!

Comment

Just a thought guys,
                  ABC has a rule that states if a bowler throws a ball when there is deadwood and either the ball or another pin touches the deadwood...the bowler gets a zero for that ball. If the bowler doesn't notice a deadwood and he ends up with a zero because the other team did and protested and it cost that team a championship...well you get the idea where this is going. I'm all for getting rid of calls...but don't you still have to catch a deadwood call if there is deadwood? I've been keeping track of the number of deadwood associated with o-o-r calls and have found that over 80% have at least one deadwood. It's still a call. Granted, open bowlers probably don't care...but I wouldn't want my bowlers thinking my machines caused them to lose a championship. Just a thought.(I have used the kits and they do there job very well..I don't have them in my current center though) Good luck with them.

Steve
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Just a thought guys,
                    ABC has a rule that states if a bowler throws a ball when there is deadwood and either the ball or another pin touches the deadwood...the bowler gets a zero for that ball. If the bowler doesn't notice a deadwood and he ends up with a zero because the other team did and protested and it cost that team a championship...well you get the idea where this is going. I'm all for getting rid of calls...but don't you still have to catch a deadwood call if there is deadwood? I've been keeping track of the number of deadwood associated with o-o-r calls and have found that over 80% have at least one deadwood. It's still a call. Granted, open bowlers probably don't care...but I wouldn't want my bowlers thinking my machines caused them to lose a championship. Just a thought.(I have used the kits and they do there job very well..I don't have them in my current center though) Good luck with them.

Steve
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I have been stripping my phenolic pin decks daily by hand with a spray bottle of mixed lane cleaner or any good water based solvent and a clean cloth for many years. I am currently the A-Mechanic of a 24 lane house. 10 minutes on your knees every day might save you big bucks. My B-Mechs do it automatically when they clock in as they think it's better than running OOR calls.

Sorry, I posted on an old thread. Well, I'm old.
                      Last edited by Frank in Philly; 07-17-2012, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank in Philly View Post
                        I have been stripping my phenolic pin decks daily by hand with a spray bottle of mixed lane cleaner or any good water based solvent and a clean cloth for many years. I am currently the A-Mechanic of a 24 lane house. 10 minutes on your knees every day might save you big bucks. My B-Mechs do it automatically when they clock in as they think it's better than running OOR calls.

Sorry, I posted on an old thread. Well, I'm old.
                        GOOD to know that the archive are hear and working
                        Your kegel lane machine is not stripping back-ends cleaned
                        If it leaves a line at 7-8-9-10 that must be cleaned off by hand
                        set your machine to 63' insted of 61.5 'that will save your KNEES

Comment

We have been using them here now for yrs without any problems
                          When I die bury my balls next to the old bag!

Comment

They work great...never had a problem with mine. If a bowler is so dumb about the game, to throw a ball when there is a dead pin in his or her lane, then they don't know the rules of the game. That is not the machines fault. That falls back on the bowler.....maybe they should read the handbook that is gave out every year....js.

Comment

they work great i actualy made my own using the old oor link that runs from the starter bellcrank to the detector it has the long groved opening you need cut it to lenth and bend in vise made the part that holds the pin out of aluminum stock spring from ace hardware cap screw to adjust it

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X