Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck Sheilds

Quote: Originally posted by Goodgreaf in another topic.

We run all our 26 lanes without shields. As far as I can tell, the shields (piled up against the back wall) are all originals, with lots of ripped mounting points and the repairs have started to fall apart. They kept falling half off, and catching under the pit light as the deck lifts, smashing the tube, damaging the light fitting, and lifting the pit light / step assembly so far that the support from the top of the frame bends, and 1 or 2 have actually snapped. About 18 months ago, the head tech pulled them all off until he could get enough money to do them.

I had this problem too. After pricing them from Brunswick ($50 Ea) I go to thinking. I have a friend who runs a sheet metal shop. I asked him if he could make them, and he said sure. The only problem he had was the slotted bolt holes. Over sized holed, and large washers fixed that. He made us 21 for $10 a piece. They worked great!! The only problen with installing them was to put the curve in the front. I measured to center, and used some old paint cans to form them.

Just thought I'd pass this along, and maybe save someone a little $$$.. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Re: Deck Sheilds

If your LAZY like me, ZOT sell's this kit with slotted hole's. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Ed
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

repairing deck sheids can be done by using two fender washers one the front and pop riviting a metal strip on each back end. digger

Comment

problem is, most of our shields have already been repaired at least once, using zot kits, big washers or spare sheet metal. The repairs have started to fall apart. The deck shields basically need to be replaced, but head office won't let us spend the money

Comment

Same here goodgreaf..

Some of the holes were 3-5 inches in diameter. They were bent really bad too. Had one patched with duct tape. Replacement was our only option.

As to going without them, owners diddn't like that too much, and neither did I. :p
          <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

I have six for sale
            5 cents a peice
            or 3 fer $50

only been on and off the machines maybe 40 times

[ March 11, 2001: Message edited by: Jordan ]

Comment

also comes with tie wraps and wire to hold em up

what color were they from the factory?

WILL PAINT

[ March 11, 2001: Message edited by: Jordan ]

Comment

Better hope Triangle doesn't read this. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

and if he does....I will send him a pic of an A-2 converted to a 82-70....I bet he will like that....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X