Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowltronic motor control units

I am considering installing the units from Bowltronic and would like to hear some pro and cons

Thanks, billman
    let me be myself

Re: Bowltronic motor control units

We have them on 74 out of 158 lanes and will do 32 more this summer.I love them....the main thing to keep in mind is the trainning of all personal that just because the pinsetter is not running doesn't mean it is off. I tell all the guys to always consider the pinsetter in a standy mode, and that it is never safe to work unless you have it cut off yourself.We have to do this anyway for our Frameworx house because they "time out " anyway if nobody bowls in 2 minutes.

We have had them on nearly 2 years with no problems at all.

Later
    Peanut
    Peanut

Comment

40 lanes and 8 died on me BUT...at least they don't keep running when bowlers just sit down for a half hour or so.Get the ones that fit into the electrical boxes,not the big klunky ones that mount to the wire channel!

Comment

We have installed 42 units 2 years ago. We have had 2 failures in a center that has 120 volt pinsetters which causes the motor to draw more amps. Bowl Tronics claims the extra amps should have no effect and replaced those units at no cost because of the two year warranty. Both centers feel that they help on power savings, and are very useful with open bowling, birthday parties, etc. We know it saves on power and does not cause motor problems because of the triac switching of amperage.

EDJ

[ April 19, 2001: Message edited by: EDJ ]

Comment

[ April 19, 2001: Message edited by: EDJ ]

Comment

One of the best things made for Brunswick pinsetter. Pays for itself in no time due to the lack of wear and tear on many parts while the machine is in its shut down mode. I've seen machines left on for hours by desk people that "forgot" to turn them off. With the kit...no wear and tear. Just a little electricity used to keep the coils pulled in and a light bulb on. We are still installing them at my place...should be finished by the end of the year.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

What is the cost of the Bowltronics motor control units ?

Comment

The PS1-Kit is 100 dollars. (US) That is the only one I've bought. The kit mounts inside the electrical box with a twisted pair that runs to the gear box. Very neat installation. The other device...PS1...mounts under the wire channel and is very "tacky"...and you know how I hate "tacky"...lol
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X