Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinchaser Hours?

Just wandering if anyone runs with no pinchasers in back at certain times?I would like to get some feedback on this...Pro's and Con's of having pinchasers at off hours and open play?
    Peanut

Re: Pinchaser Hours?

I teach my lane man how to clear common stops while he is there during the earlier part of the day, which allows me to get in a bit later to spend some time down back during the busier parts of the league hours.Finding chasers with any knowledge or the capability to learn is rare around these parts!
    I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.

Comment

I have someone cover the back at all times. Desk people do not like chasing calls in their good clothes. Something to do with dirt. I run the lanes in the morning so there's no one but me to cover the back. If I could leave the deck people alone without a pinchaser we could save on payroll. That always looks good to owners.

Comment

I only keep someone down back for leagues or tournaments. But I should mention that only one of my staffers is a "professional desk person", the rest of us can do both front and back. In a 16 laner, you hire people who are mechanically apt, and teach them to fix people

Kevin

Comment

I ONLY RUN A PINCHASER IN THE BACK WHEN THE LEAGUES ARE BOWLING. WHEN IT IS OPEN BOWLING I HAVE THE DESK MAN DO THE STOPS. IF IT'S SOMETHING HE CAN'T FIX QUICKLY HE MOVES THE LANE. YOU ONLY HAVE 3 OR 4 STOPS A NIGHT I WOULD RATHER HAVE TWO GUYS UP FRONT FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE THAN ONE GUY IN THE BACK AND ONE GUY UP FRONT. THE GUY IN THE BACK IS MORE PRODUCTIVE UP FRONT.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys,
            I am going to look into this,I would like to take advantage of that but at the same time not compromise any P/M.Our brunswick A-2 centers run...
            52 lanes 4.4 stops a day,
            32 lanes 3.7 stops a day,
            32 lanes 4.5 stops a day,
            These are the numbers for 1999 year.
            Peanut

Comment

Excellent numbers masternut. Our center has 34 bruns and 24 amf. And of course the bruns out runs the amf's everynight. Our pinchasers call the AMF's the machines from hell.

Comment

msbowl,
                What model pinsetters and pinspotters do you have?Were they installed at different times?
                Later
                Peanut
                Peanut

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X