TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashpot settings for TD

Just wondering, on the old (pre-electronic) time delays, how long a delay are you using between the clutch latch being released and the clutch engaging?

Trying to reduce the number of respots from "fast" machines without slowing down league shifts more than necessary.

Thanx in advance for your thoughts, guys:

Kevin

Re: Dashpot settings for TD

Hey kevin,
    I had worked in 2 centers that had dashpod triggering delay,I could only get about a two second delay....any more than that I would run into problems with it being consistant especially in the winter when oil was cold.Sorry not much help.

Later
    Peanut
    Peanut

Comment

eliminate those and install BowlTronics triggering and U can set the time wherever you want it best at 3 seconds which is ABC rules.very easy to install on A machines.but U have to have 30 or 40 weight oil to get them to work right and make sure the points on the needle screws arent broken off in the 4;1 housing. Also its has to stay warm in the back to keep oil thin... Good Luck

------------------

Comment

Guess I should have mentioned that the machines in question are Cable-trigger Jetbacks ... I have ZOT triggering with the shotgun-popper solenoids, guess that I just have to get the longest reliable delay possible out of them.

If they were A machines, they'd be slow enough by themselves that the delay wouldn't be an issue ... LOL!!!

Thanx:

Kevin

[This message has been edited by KL Kevin (edited 02-15-2000).]

Comment

KL:
          Best option for cable trips, if you have dual output Zots, go to the Bruns. kit # 12-862905 w/app voltage # post fixed. Replace original tenth frame solenoid, with this ( which was only designed to work once a game anyways) Remove the adjustable stem, replace with a 3/8 fine thread short bolt w/gasket washer. Use first output for rake, second for solenoid trip, this enables you to go to 90 weight gear oil, which is probably worth the whole investment to begin with. The vast difference between worm wheel failure in a 10/30 versus 90/w gear box is unbelievable
          Respectfully submitted
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

Roscoe:

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately, have the old super magics that only have one output

Up side is that they work so well, have no intention of replacing them in the near future, would love to have the extra output to run the gearbox after the rake drops, though.

Agree it would be better to run a legitimate gear oil in them, but the dashpots would then be a real nightmare!!!

Thanx for the input:

Kevin

Comment

Hey KL,
              I had 32 lanes of cable triggered Jet-Backs about 20 years ago. When I got there, there was not a trace of a time delay on any machine. Being a bowler at the time, I wanted that time delay. After months of reinstalling proper stems, ball bearings, and even blowing out dashpots with compressed air, I had a good 3 to 4 second delay on every machine except one. Could not get more than one second delay until I supplemented the gearbox oil with a can of STP oil treatment! Believe it or not, it worked consistantly after that.
              It is true that cold temperatures can play havoc with this type of delay, so be advised that this center was in Florida! Later, Glitch

Comment

^^

[This message has been edited by Glitch (edited 02-23-2000).]

Comment

--

Comment

Sorry about the preceding posts. I got
                    impatient and hammered the submit button
                    a few times. At least I learned how to edit them now! Glitch

Comment

if you look on pg. 38-39 of bruns. pinsetter parts book item gb449. there is a list of stems with different sizes to adjust time delay on hydralic systems. i used these before we converted to jet backs. they do work.

Comment

Larry:

Saw the different sizes listed in the green book on the needles, but which ones are the "slower" ones? Mine have no markings on them, ass-u-me ing that's the clear one. And where would the marking be, if there was one?

Never really played with the TD's until we started getting more OOR's since putting in the phenolic decks. Also have seen "fast" machines hitting pins that would have fallen if the delay was in spec.

To the A-2 guys, How long between the rake dropping and the cycle solenoid firing on first ball, I'd like to know how many seconds the time delay should be. Then I can start working on getting there.

Thanx again:

Kevin

Comment

K.L.
                          The stems were painted various colors on the head of stem, indeed if yours are clear they are standard. In the late 50s and early 60s, ABC reps came in and set the time and sawed the heads off, making futher adj. difficult. Practice was soon stopped, after litigation was threatned. Stems carried a high price, however, and it was soon realized the same thing could be accomplished by varying the depth of the stem and locking it with a 3/8 fine, pal nut. Time delay modules usually exhibit a delay on the order of 1.5 seconds, can be made adjustable however, by adding a 1 meg pot to timing resistors.
                          Roscoe
                          rfm

Comment

K.L.
                            The stems were painted various colors on the head of stem, indeed if yours are clear they are standard. In the late 50s and early 60s, ABC reps came in and set the time and sawed the heads off, making futher adj. difficult. Practice was soon stopped, after litigation was threatned. Stems carried a high price, however, and it was soon realized the same thing could be accomplished by varying the depth of the stem and locking it with a 3/8 fine, pal nut. Time delay modules usually exhibit a delay on the order of 1.5 seconds, can be made adjustable however, by adding a 1 meg pot to timing resistors.
                            Roscoe
                            rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                            I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                            Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                            Working...
                            X