Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90'stops

id like to know if anyone can tell me why im getting constant 90' stops machines at my 40 lane house

------------------
    james
    james

Re: 90'stops

In order to get a better idea of your problem, we will need to know what type of Brunswick machines you have (a-2, Converted a-2 or model a) The first thing I would check is the clutch adjustment followed by the dashpot adjustment. Also make sure all linkage is in good shape. I have also seen a sticky recycle relay cause weird cycling stops
    let me be myself

Comment

Thinking that we're looking at an A or Jetback: My first two suspects would be:

(wrote this from home, will edit in an hour or two with part#s of the suspects)

The Wire link in the detector that controls the 90 overtravel mechanism stretched, most common culprit on the older machines. Typically jetback machines either have a small kit installed to block out the overtravel (since the machine was speeded up by the JB conversion, O/T no longer helpful), or as was the case here, the clutch levers were both pinned to the shaft.

Another possibility is that the small cam follower that works the overtravel has broken off.

The hairpin spring that goes into the extended cycle cams can break at the roll pin, but that typically causes more mayhem than just stopping at 90.

Kevin

Comment

Diamondpins:
        A general rule of thumb, if deck and rake down, overtravel failure. If deck down, rake up, deck holding hook problem. Many different things can cause latter, but start with correct adj. Have seen instances where a fat lipped four pin deck chute cause the four pin to momentarily bump hook as it was trying to engage, but thats all it takes, a momentary interference.
        Roscoe
        rfm

Comment

our machines our a2,sand its happening with the deck up like it dropped the rake but failed to cycle

------------------
          james
          james

Comment

billman:
            this may sound stupid,but.which cluch adjustment?

------------------
            james
            james

Comment

I'm sorry,I was not clear about the clutch.I am talking about the gearbox clutch.
              let me be myself

Comment

you might check your gearbox clutch reset latch(pg5 gb71). sounds like it's slipping out from the clutch reset lever (pg29 gb379). also check spring on reset latch (pg5 gb61a)this is connected to the starter bell crank (pg5 gb76). your latch assy or associated assy need to be checked. also check your 180 interlock link, this may be out of adjustment. Good luck

Comment

Diamondpins,

Not knowing your level of experience, let's start by stating that A2 machines do not have 90 overtravel. Next, what you are now describing is not truly a 90, the rake falls at 0, and the gearbox never moves.

If you do not have any kind of add-on electronic triggering, each cycle starts with the mosetrap tripping the shotgun, causing the rake to drop. When the rake drops, the top shaft of the rake rotates, releasing a lever on the back of the electrical box. The lever closes a cherry switch inside the electrical box, which in turn causes the time delay module to complete the curcuit to the reset solenoid on the gearbox.(the time delay module will cause the solenoid to pull after 3 or 4 seconds on a first ball cycle, and almost as soon as the rake drops on the second ball)

Sorry for over simplifying the process, but what you need to do is watch the machine, and see where this chain is being broken.

We know the rake is dropping, so make sure the clip on the rake shaft is in the correct position to hold the lever down, and to release the lever when the rake drops. Next, make sure that the lever is closing the cherry switch. If the relay in the time delay module closes after the proper time delay and the pinsetter does not cycle, check the twistlock plug and recepticle on the bottom of the wire channel for loose wires. Check for bad wire connections at the Cycle solenoid itself, and Check the solenoid adjustment.(adjustment #11, page 3-15 of the service manual)

Good luck!
                  Mark

Comment

I have had a machine stop at 90 on second ball with deck held up by hook due to gearbox clutch lever coming down too hard on stop and the bearing would kick the stop out from under the lever then machine would stop at 90. This was after the bearing was replaced. Then I adjusted the clutch and I haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X