Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOS Gutters and cappings

VOS gutters and cappings are notorious for taking nicks out of balls .I have managed to overcome problems with the gutter joins but I am looking for suggestions as to the cappings. Where the cappings join they tend not to sit flush and the trailing secttions stick out. I have found temporary work arounds but nothing that works efficiantly longterm.Any ideas folks!

Re: VOS Gutters and cappings

i too am suffering from the same problem from my divisional capping. i origanally had HEDDON caps and gutters but 2 years ago i got the AMF durabowl bumpers and gutters, we kept the vos cappings. then the ball damage started. the balls sat differantly in the gutters and were rubbing against the divisional capping and every place the sections joined a knick was put in evey ball. i hammered, i bent, i used gasket sealer but to no avail. so i decided to replace the divisional caps with the plastic one that AMF make. my ball return capping was never an issue as to ball damage because each section overlapped. (and HEDDON wonders why they're not in business anymore.) the only problem i do still have, that i'm working on, is the couplings that are used for joining the gutter sections keep backing out. i was going to use silicon adhesive on each screws threads and cover the head and see if that'll do the trick. has anyone had similar problems with their gutter couplings?
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

With the gutters I do two things. The first is to fit a plastic shim under the leading section of guttering. This should mean that the trailing section will not stick up. I then screw down the trailing gutter section nearest the join. This will stop is rising.
      I have a 40- Lane centre so replacing the cappings would be quite a cost. How much was yours per lane pair.

Comment

i'll be calling the amf sales rep tomorrow...i still haven't received my capping. as for the cost i will find out for you. a temporary fix can be done using the adhesive backed velcro. one of my pinchasers did it in a bind and it worked for a while. depends on how many people throw it in the ditch!..........shamefowjze
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X