Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zot Lift Rod conversion Kits for A2s

Looking for some answers.Has anyone actually changed over all their original A2 lift rod shafts to the new zot one that lets the pins fall back through and not destroy Expensive bowling balls?I have used only a few in past and they worked just great but want some replies Please to the goods and if any bads to this.Thanks guys...

------------------

Re: Zot Lift Rod conversion Kits for A2s

good idea and do work ok....however the price of them is enough to scare bill gates. i cant see where the price of the kit would be justified just to save a couple ball calls here and there. just my opinion

jvc bowling supplies

Comment

At $57.00 each and a new ball costing 4 times the amount whats to figure out????and Ball replacement happening numerous times a year I say its well worth it.

------------------

Comment

I installed a spring onto the clapper box adjusting post and then tied 2 ropes to it and ran them on either side of the liftrods to the frame; one rope is between the pinwheel/and the frame the other between b/w and frame,kinda like a v-looking pattern,is what happens is...the pin gets flipped into the pit or on the floor after hitting the rope,NO more or very rare are there pin in track calls and no added expense of those kits.The spring keeps tension on the ropes and will flex some.Rope used is regular clothes line rope.,hey...works super for me and i saved money and ball calls for pin in tracks.I have 24 lanes and rarely chase a pin in track!

Comment

sorry jim, didnt see the ball dammage problem there, i was assuming that you were just trying to save a few ball calls...... yes you are right if your tearing up bowling balls...however if you have a welding shop or metal fab. in town..you may want to check with them first, my welding shop can make alot of products for the pinsetters for at least 1/2 the price ! just a thoughtto save some $$. buy one zot kit and show it to them, they can probably copy it

Comment

In the mid 80's I made something similiar to the Zot product you are talking about,from what I understand one of my mechanics modified it and sold it to Zot.The problem I had with mine was that the liftrods would twist once in a while which resulted in yo-yo.The ball wheels seem to come out of adjustment more often also.I have tried the Zot product to see if their improved version worked better than mine but had basically the same result.Often products that don't work in one house do work in other houses so you might try a couple and see what happen.
            Good luck

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X