Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlock Probe

Does anyone out there have any good ideas for repairing a broken interlock probe. I have quite a few that break straight across on the bottom hole where the spring goes through. I have tried welding these but they dont seem to hold up very long. Just wondering if anyone had any brilliant ideas that I was overlooking. A good solution would be to buy another one, but I pride myself on getting every bit of life out of a part I can. With the price of pinsetter parts these days I want to make sure I get my moneys worth.

Thanks,
    Jerrid
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Re: Interlock Probe

Take a piece of strap steel (old rake sweep hook link or old out of range strap link)bend it in place to match your probe bend and weld it in place and itll never break agian.And is easily bendable for ajustments ect.This extra thin metal strap on there gives it lottsa support and will save ya lottsa cash over the years.

------------------

Comment

Only one thing to watch out for:
      Extra weight on the interlock probe may cause the spider to not engage properly after the 5-pin drops. Remember that the only things returning the interlock probe are a small spring and gravity. Gravity doesn't like weight and the probe may actually bounce upon return; disengaging the spider.

Comment

Its only a small piece of metal and it weighs basically nothing and doesnt interfere with pull back on probe have been doing this repair for 25 years.Trust experience if ya wanna save money and it will never break agian.

------------------

Comment

Tried that mod Jim, works great, I can see how the I.P. being too heavy could cause problems, but it seems to work very well so far.

thanks for the idea
          jerrid
          and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Yep i do the same repair have done for 14 years. experience is the name of the game.

Comment

einstein,
              I've got a little trick to help you if you have a little trouble with the spider not relocking...put a rake sweep hook spring (12-250050) on the bottom of the #4 outer turret wire and stretch it to the #2 spoon. This will help the spider try and pull itself back in place after the indexing happens. It is not strong enough to hinder the movement of the spider when the 5 pin goes through...just enough to help the spider reclose. Try it on a machine and see how it works. That should eliminate any fears you may have on welding that extra metal onto your probe.

Steve
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

As far as springs go, if there is a place on the pinsetter designed for a spring to be mounted then I feel it should be were it belongs. other than that.. NOT

Keep the rest of the equipment up to par and crutch springs are not needed.

Reinforcing the probe after a break works fine.

just my opinion.

Mike
                Mike Wilson
                Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X