Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/2-J back preference bar geometry changes

Gentlemen:
    Was at a new house today,(new to me anyways) and one of their big problems, involved P. bars, either relocking after odd lane ball went by unlatch cam, or light weight balls not completing roll into Y switch. For years I have been changing spring geometry on P bars, involving little more cost than a 2 1/2 bolt and a starter bell crank spring. If any interest expressed would be glad to post details. Have changed all the late mdl. P bars at all the houses I go to, and thus have never had a request to investigate a preference problem other than a rod end. But the new house reminded me of the need
    Roscoe
    rfm

Re: A/2-J back preference bar geometry changes

I have been playing with various springs on the pref.I have seen at my house where the lightweight balls got stuck at the ball stop so,i changed spring tension and then the balls drop on through but...the pref.tended to re-lock due to the spring being too light.Prefs.are in good adjustment but a few just like to pop back up and cause a ball call,then the chasers un-hook the spring on the odd lane side.I'd like to hear more on the subject.

Comment

I have all my "Y" switches sprung towards the odd lane with a light spring, also I shimmed my even lane return tracks up with about 4 washers. The six pound balls seem to have a problem making it to the accelerator. After this modification we have had no problems with the lighter balls getting into the accelerator. After shimming the tracks up the balls have a little more momentum on the even lane, and with the "Y" switch sprung towards the odd lane the ball does not have to push it out of the way.

Jerrid
      and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

I am very interested Roscoe,Please post.I have a small modification on our pinsetters but am always interested in ideas.We usally average 3 preferance locks a month for 116 pinsetters.
        Thanks in advance
        Peanut
        Peanut

Comment

The object of these changes is to provide a more positive angle for the spring, 12-502167, to keep the 12-501236 hook unlocked in the down position, while lessening the tension on the 12-502138 ball stop, with that in mind.
          First remove the bolt, 10-435501, discard bolt save spacer 10-386082. Remove bolt 11-001350, and reinstall it and spacer in place of bolt 10-435501, with head of bolt to approach. Replace bolt(11-001350), with a 2 1/2 x 3/8 bolt with the nut towards the approach. Reverse spring pin in stop bracket so spring eye is on rear side bracket. Rehook spring 12-502167, to bottom eye of 12-502136 hook and other end to newly installed, 2 1/2 in bolt, put self locking nut on bolt to keep spring on threads.
          Obtain a 12-100102 spring(inner reset lever) or any like spring and install it on the spring pin previously reversed on the stop bracket, and the end of the bolt,no.11-001350 the spring will ride on the threads without a backup nut. Occasionly a little more spring tension is needed on the odd no. mch but easily attained by hooking spring 12-502144 on front of washer instead of the center of same, all adj still have to be correct and a well lubed unit, but this provides a positive unlock with a lot less tension on ball stop bracket.
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

Hey Roscoe!!

I just tried that modification to the preference rods on a pair of lanes...

I have to say, that next to self-adhesive ball wheel kickers/strips, that it is the best 3 minute modification to a pinsetter I have EVER seen!

I highly recommend you other mechanics give it a try. I am gonna order the rest of the 12-100102 springs that I need, on my next parts order. I may never have another preference rod headache again.

Thanks for the info Roscoe!

Jack McQuaide
            Wookie

Comment

Finally got around to deciphering part numbers and actually trying this modification out.

Gotta say it's GREAT!!! Had one P-bar that just loved to lock at the wrong time on me, after modifying, couldn't get it to falsely lock even swatting the odd lane's release lever harder than I'd ever dare to with the old geometry.

Thumbs up and hat's off roscoe, this one is BETTER THAN GREAT.

Many thanks, man, a $3 permanent cure to a bad design (thinking the spring cost 2.50, didn't look at the price)

Kevin

Comment

The spring cost 7.93 from Brunswick.(I know because this morning I ordered 20 more to do the rest of the house) I am sure a cheaper replacement could be found but don't have the time to look at this point. I just got around to trying the modification to a couple pair about a week ago. Thanks Roscoe, that is an ingenious modification, can't wait till I get the rest of my springs so I can do the rest of the house.

Jerrid

[This message has been edited by jerrid (edited 10-04-2000).]
                and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

I'd like to try this mod hopefully soon we don't have very many issues here but there is a couple machines I think that would benifit from it thanks for posting this thread back in the day still might be helpful I hope.
                  Thank You All! For All the prayers and and the out pouring of good spirits in my time of need greatly appreciated!

Comment

Looks like a really nice mod Roscoe, thanks for resurrecting it!

DD
                    http://www.popevil.com

http://www.facebook.com/popevil

http://www.dandirito.smugmug.com

Comment

Quote:]Looks like a really nice mod Roscoe, thanks for resurrecting it! [/QUOTE]
                      Hey, DD, I am juist down the road in Holland. Which house in Muskegon you working?
                      And BTW, what is with that Flash welcome page with no links?
                      For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive

Comment

Another version of this mod is out there...and is adjustable.

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...707#post189707
                        TSM & TSM Training Development
                        Main Event Entertainment
                        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I remember you showing us this mod steve thanks for posting I was looking for that when I found this thread. thanks again.
                          Thank You All! For All the prayers and and the out pouring of good spirits in my time of need greatly appreciated!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X