Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2 Stuck on 1st ball

Occasionally. Usually about three times a night, the machine will stick on 1st ball. Hit reset all night long, still comes down and picks up the pins, and respots 'em, staying on 1st ball. Temp solution, run back, click to second ball and reset. Sets 10 new pins and works fine for another hour or so. (Or, just tell bowlers to throw another ball and knock down remaining pins, then it detects a strike, won't score it, and then sets new pins correctly...) I haven't dug into it yet, since it's not a major issue, but since I'm here right now, I'll ask if anyone has suggestions of what to look for. Thanks,
    Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Re: A2 Stuck on 1st ball

Quote:]Originally posted by Oldsmagnet:
    Occasionally. Usually about three times a night, the machine will stick on 1st ball. Hit reset all night long, still comes down and picks up the pins, and respots 'em, staying on 1st ball. Temp solution, run back, click to second ball and reset. Sets 10 new pins and works fine for another hour or so. (Or, just tell bowlers to throw another ball and knock down remaining pins, then it detects a strike, won't score it, and then sets new pins correctly...) I haven't dug into it yet, since it's not a major issue, but since I'm here right now, I'll ask if anyone has suggestions of what to look for. Thanks,[/QUOTE]

Comment

Oldsmagnet, Check deck holding hook spring tubes & x washer pins for wear or bind . Readjust.
      Had one doing that last summer. Slot was worn where x washer pin goes through.
      Mal B.

Comment

Olds:
        First ascertain that machine does not shift to second ball, at 270 respotting pins.
        If it doesnt, loosen 5/16 headed bolt on the second ball controller shaft, lub same liberally with wd 40 to see if this helps. If it doesnt, stop mch. at 270 respotting, and observe what is preventing controller from moning to low dwell, sometimes as simple as a weak 12-100084 spring.
        rfm

Comment

I have had that problem before. The most common cause for me was, the very top rod end on the detector rod, (the pivoting end that the rod threads into) was too high. I usually just had to loosen the nut on the threaded part of the detector rod, and screw the threaded part into the upper pivot a little more (makes the rod "shorter"). The "installed height" of the rod was barely catching one of the detector (too lazy to go look up the name) levers just enough, to keep the selector from lowering into the cam groove when it was time to set the detector to a 2nd ball setup. The manual will go as far as tell you that you may need to cut-off a couple of the threads, if the rod cannot be screwed in far enough. So far, I haven't had to do that.

Wookie

[This message has been edited by Wookie8662 (edited 03-19-2000).]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X