Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blowing fuses

hey guys, i am having a problem with one of my machines blowing the big 3 amp fuse . it i intermittant like it may be a short in the wiring. the fuse blew 3 times in one nite and went the next day without trouble, now today it blew again 2 times ,as of 5:00 , i can't seem to locate the problem, any ideas would be appreciated ,thanks, laze [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Re: blowing fuses

Laze3:
    Go to reference material, Brunswick, under system blackout, flow chart there, but usually your problem is exterior wiring related. One huge suspect, faulty 1 or 2 ball light bulb, and or, harness, or reset wiring where it runs from two prong cannon to where it goes under lane, closly examine where wiring runs under, or over rake assembly. Unfortunately most elec problems are, most easily found while problem is extant.
    Roscoe.
    rfm

Comment

laze,
      Solving intermitent electrical problems can leave you bald...real quick. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] But, as Roscoe said, look on the wiring outboard of the electrical box. First place I would look is the 1st 2nd ball light sockets. Be sure the contacts for the bulb aren't touching each other. Follow the rest of Roscoe's ideas after that one. If you still haven't found your problem, try the control cable for the accelerator and/or power lift. It should follow the same path as the reset button cable. Next, check the yellow wires in the wire channel. These will belong to the low voltage circuit. Follow them all the way back to the switches on the back of the machine. Look for sharp edges in the channel. Check the connections on the switches themselves. I even had a machine recently that had a wire between the wall of the electrical channel and one of the bolts that goes through the electrical channel and secures it to the elevator assy. Had me going for awhile... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Hope all of this helps...
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Quote:]Solving intermitent electrical problems can leave you bald...real quick[/QUOTE]

So that's where it went!!!!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

Anyway, it's a long shot but do you have any old triggering wires laying around the machine? Any type of devices that don't really have a purpose any more? The reasn I ask is one center that I service had the old Zot air triggering and they dicontiued useing it but left the wireing there. One time the harness was hanging down and was getting hit by the ball's on the return track and blowing the fuses and it was also makeing me "BALD" (I have to shave my head since that awfull expeince)

Ed [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

[ March 03, 2001: Message edited by: Ed Fox ]
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Roscoe has the right idea and here is a couple more questions for you to think about....... Leave each cable disconnected until you have isolated the problem, then reconnect all cables.

1. Did the problem start all of a sudden, or was ANY work done on the lane pair just prior to the problem occuring?

2. If you disconnect the cycle button cable from the top of the electricial box, does the problem go away? If so, check that cable all the way to the front button.

3. If you disconnect the cable for the 24 volt to the ball accelerator/booster which continues to the ball lift, does the problem go away?? If so, check that cable and relays involved all the way to the front. Watch for individual wires that may be crossed with the cycle button cable and wires crossed with the other pinsetter 24V.

4. Follow the same procedure for the manager's contol cable. Use a jumper between the A and C (I think) pins to allow pinsetter to turn on.

5. Check the 1-2 ball light as mentioned above. Look for a lamp dim or not working with a good bulb. Don't forget to check the ball light switch and cable routed toward the detector area.

6. I have come across chafing on the insulation of the wires that are connected to the cannon connectors mounted to the top of the electricial box. It appeared that machine vibration had caused the insulation to wear away on the sharp corner of the transformer (usually the top left corner of the transformer as you look into the box). Look closely with a good light as the wires are usually taut and difficult to turn.

Ken

Comment

Hey Laze
            I agree on checking the ball lift wires as they go through the drop sweep cover.
            Also check if the pins inside the 1-2 ball light lamp holders are touching each other.
            If you have brunswick scorers check inside the new pin solenoid box.
            I had the nut that holds the wire clamp come loose and wear away insulation on the new pin solenoid wires.
            About once a week it would ground out and blow the 3.2 amp fuse.
            Happy hunting.
            Graham

Comment

well,when i awoke this morning ,check my email and find that there is and email from my owner that lane #10 is down it made it thru the league last nite then the first game in rock n bowl it went down. by the way we don't have any pinchasers . so as much as i hated to on a sunday morning i went in.jumped right on the computer to see what great ideas you guys had for me.actually the problem came to me! there was also a note that the ball lift wouldn't run on 10 unless you had 9 running. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] so i wripped the capping up and there it was the ball lift wire was under the ball retarder. i don't even know how it got there but it was and wore thru.i repaired the wire and all is good. thanks for all the good advise though. i know you guys are here for me!!!!!!!!respectfully submitted..laze

Comment

Had a similar problem once. Turned out to be the ball director circuit board in the old astroline ball rack.

Don't know if you have similar equipment, but it's a thought.

Comment

Ok try this, use an amp probe, a digital one
                  clamp it around the yellow 3.2 fuse wire. Turn the pinsetter on and see what the amp reading is this could be any where from 1.5-2.8 if over start unplugging all low voltage
                  connections on the pinsetter 2pin reset plug,
                  3pin manager plug, powerlift,Masking unit,ect
                  One at a time when you see a big drop in amps thats where the problem is . Let Me know
                  what you found?
                  http://www.bowlingcomputersolutions.com

Comment

Hey MIke, nice to see you have joined us!! Guy's,he know's his stuff!!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] a long with many others here offcourse! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Ed

[ March 14, 2001: Message edited by: Ed Fox ]
                    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X