Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pin lights

What flourscent light is best to make the pins look the whitest? Thanks for reading.
    Howard

Re: pin lights

THE ONLY LIGHT TO USE IN A DECKLIGHT IS A F40DX. THIS IS A DAYLIGHT DELUXE LIGHT AND PROVIDES THE CORRECT COLOR TEMP TO MAKE THE PINS LOOK GOOD. I HAD A MECHANIC PUT REGULAR F40COOL WHITE BULBS IN AND IT TURNED EVERYTHING YELLOW AND WASHED OUT LOOKING. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree. My vote is for the F40DX bulbs. They look much better than the cool whites we were using.

Comment

Hi Howard,
        I agree ! you won't find a flo. tube that makes your pins look any better than the F40DX. Definatley not the cool white or the $1.99 shop light.
        Macgyver

Comment

I would agree that the daylight deluxe is a good bulb we have used them also,but ran into cold start problems on 104v .We now use F40SP65 from Graingers it is about the same lighting as the daylight series,with no starting problems. Only $3.00 a bulb also.

Hope this helps
          Peanut
          Peanut

Comment

I stand corrected ! One time I ran out and I could not find replacement flo. tubes locally so I borrowed a F40SP65 from a friend at another center and it worked very nicely as stated by Peanut.

Peanut,
            What kind of start problems were you having when you decided to switch? Just curious.

Thanks
            Macgyver

Comment

We also use the F40SP65's. They look great, but make sure you use a good ballast. I am having dim lighting problems on lanes with the ballasts you get at the hardware store.(energy savers).

Get the good ones from Graingers or Brunswick.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

I'm currently using f40c75 tubes by phillips. these are whiter than previous posts, but they cost $6.00 per tube. With these tubes the pins look newer longer, after 3 yrs of use they still look new from the front. They are guaranteed for 5 yrs. the whitest bulb they make is f40c90. These are really white!!!!!!!!!!!!! thes tubes may need to be ordered from a lighting supply co. They cannot be found in most stores.
                Gook Luck!

Comment

After deregulation of the power companies in Alberta on Jan.1, and seeing our power bill almost triple, we just did a complete retrofit of every flourescent fixture in our center, including the pin lights.
                  We changed out all of the ballasts and replaced them with Magnatec Triad electronic ballasts, and now use F32T8SP40 bulbs for lane lighting and F32T8SPX50 bulbs for pin lights. This combination draws a lot less power, with about a 30 percent increase in brightness. I havent seen the results in our power bill yet, but they say the savings will pay for the retrofit in about 2 years.

Russ
                  You only need 2 tools...WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it should't, use the tape.

Comment

russ...do you have the part number for the ballasts?
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

jbees:
                      The ballasts we used are B232I120RH
                      this ballast will control one or two lamps.
                      It has a rating of .49 line amps, which is a lot less than the ones we pulled out...some of the older ones were .9 amps and even the energy savers are .61 amps.

Russ
                      You only need 2 tools...WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it should't, use the tape.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...
                      Working...
                      X