Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accelerator motor pulleys

have been having a bitch of a problem lately with 6 and 8 `pound balls not making it thru the retarder. Check underlane track and everything is o.k. Accelerator belts are in good condition and even have been replacing retarder carpets with new ones, but still having problems. Only cure seems to be changing the motor pulley and going to the 2 and 1/16 pulleys, but man they aint cheap.
    Anyone done anything special for a problem like this?
    marty

Re: accelerator motor pulleys

Marty:
    Think this was previously addressed. not certain what thread, but involved supporting covered wagon with a peice of lane patch material, resting upon cribbing, underneath longditudinal of wagon.
    Rest assured, not a problem isolated to you.
    Would'nt really want to go to different speeds, unless problem has existed since installation. Very hard to handle 100 percent parameters, much less, in the case of six pound versus 16 pound balls, 2.67 parameters.
    NASA dosen't work under those conditions.
    The very reason the Manuf. gave up on trying to control above ground ball returns.
    Roscoe:
    rfm

Comment

One thing you might want to try but not practice as an ever day solution is to spread the track alittle bit. Or in some cases pry them together. It usually takes 2 good size pry bars. Maybe this might help. Good luck.

Comment

Marty:
        One thing I neglected to mention concerning changing speed, I have seen V belts with a small V pulley on motor, used with no problems whatsoever, runs fine on large flat pulley.
        Cheaper too.
        Roscoe
        rfm

Comment

Have not done it myself, but have seen the v-belt arangement at other centers. seems to work fine.

Mike
          Mike Wilson
          Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

am I reading this correct? instead of the 45.00 motor pulleys I could get a v pulley and belt and it runs on the accelerator pulley too? Did find the answer about acceelerator wipes interesting. One guy has been on vacation last week, and the other guy was not changing the wipes. So dirty they were almost stiff. Installed clean ones and didnt have any trouble this morning with 18 lanes of lights balls. Have to keep an eye on this one.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend going with a larger accelerator pulley because of the added strain on your power lift clutch up front, due to the higher ball speed. Our center has had to replace 2 in the last 2 months for just that reason. Have you inspected the vinyl track insert strips in the subway? Worn or cracked strips have a tendency to slow down a lighter ball. Hope this helps.
              "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X