Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turret woes

I have 2 machines in my center which give me an identical problem...turret dumps....#3 pin somehow misses chute...ends up in the halo ring causing a 180 stop or in the moving deck for a blackout. We've been chasing this problem for a solid year and have tried virtually every known adjustment. Somebody please tell me this is an easy fix...ANY help is severely appreciated.
    "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Re: turret woes

Hey there Toolz:
    See if your turret wires that hold the 3-pin is centered correctly. Also look for a loose or damaged spoon. Keep your turrets clean. Any dirty parts cause your pinsetter to act funny. Clean the wires, belts, 5-pin chute, etc...! I'm only a pinchaser so I hope this helps you! =)

ß

Comment

If you use the multi chutes, it's possible to put it on "a little" wrong ... check the lip angle to be sure the chute's on right, although that usually causes pins on the deck, not jams.

Another possibility is that the turret wires on the 3 pin are too tight, making it hesitate when it drops, making the pin neck jam in the halo, ass-u-ming the halo itself is adjusted right.

Kevin

Comment

I agree with all of the above and would also suggest that you change both inner and outer turret wire .I've seen worn ,slightly bent inner wires cause the pin to miss the mouth of the bucket and land on the lip and get jammed in the turret.Also make sure your turret is level while your at it.Good luck.

Comment

Ive had the exact same problem and ive sat and watched it.I was using a hot shot bucket from Quality the rippled ones,and the pin was actually sticking to the chute and staying in the bucket when deck set up pins.Until I actually change the bucket to a smooth type the Only way i can get it to stop is to baby Powder the chute up good and it dont stick any more.But this is temporary fix.I already changed both wires and spoon is centered ect and it drops right to deck.Good luck..what kind of chute are you using there?

------------------

Comment

I'm using the black universal mount urethane deck chutes from Quality...The chute is brand new(thats the first thing I did) but that isn't what is causing the problem. When the spoons snap around, the pin is hesitating before its freefall and hitting the outer front rim of the chute. No amount of pin wire replacement or adjustment has helped. Turret height/level adjustment has no effect in either direction...guess I'll just take a little C-4 explosive AND...............(don't I wish sometimes)
            "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Check your spoon to see if it somehow got bent.Check to see that the turret ring for spider rotates FREELY no binds.Check the turret stop itself,the bolt that mounts the stop may be out slightly(its attached to the ring).,and just in case...check the cam follower bearing that mounts to the ring.,under the 5 pin release lever.Have seen any of these cause strange problems at my place.

Comment

Dead on David nailed this one.
                Change the wires.
                Assuming you are using a good chute, they only spell, with a V or a M.
                rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X