Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake Latch

Is there an easier way to adjust the rake latch than going through the 12 complete steps in the manual? I had someone change the entire assyembly because the rake was missing pins in the gutter and now that I have it back to the 1/4" setting it it still missing pins in the flat gutters but only 2 a night now and never in the same spot. It is in time, but my main question is there an easier way to adjust it that the 1/4" that Brunswick recommends?
    Drill
    It jumps over pins in the flat gutter but only on the 7 pin side and only twice a night, Mnutt has sent me some information that I will use later on tonight and I am pretty sure it will take care of the problem. By the way the rake board is the same height on both sides.

[This message has been edited by Drillmn300 (edited 10-19-1999).]
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: Rake Latch

drillman,
    is the rake not sweeping to the end of the lane or is the rake board leaving (bouncing over) deadwood in the flat gutters?

mike urbanovsky

Comment

Double check your sweep cam adjustment and make sure your cam follower is good. This may sound stupid but make sure both of the springs that drop your rake are good, and one last thing, make sure your sweep link adjustment does not have too much of a gap, this would cause your rake not to sweep all the way to the back. Oh yea, do check the stop bracket bolted to the left side of the frame, check for the 1/16- 1/8 gap at 180 degrees

Comment

heya!

One minor thing I've seen, other than the correct adjustments...
        Check your Rake Lift Rods (thin rods in front of the rake arms). If those are bent, even slightly, they have a natural tendency to bend even more when under stress (like sweeping deadwood). I know this sounds kindy hokey, but, I've seen it for myself. If yours are even slightly bent, try using a new one and see what happens.

Wookie

Comment

Dead on, Wookie:
          Have seen this the cause more often than not. in a pinch have even dropped a length of emt over the rod, leaving just enough room for adj. A pinsetter should sweep three headfirst pins from each gutter, at once. I use this for a final test, before putting one to bed. On a/2s, jetbacks sometimes sweeping a headfirst pin from pindeck, prevents the rake from dropping low enough into gutters to clear all pins, however rare.
          rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X