Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOCKOUT TAG OUT

Hey gang
    I have heard that OSHA is looking into the bowling industry about lockout rules.
    I now work under STRICT LOCKOUT rules at the postal service and can give you some good advice.
    If you install a hasp lock on the electrical panel you can turn off the breaker to that machine and add a lockout device to that hasp lock.
    We use a device that locks out a cord.
    I am sorry that I do not know where we buy it at but it is THE PERFECT LOCKOUT CHOICE.
    It is a canister that that will LOCK out any cord. Unplug the drop cord from the electrical box and insert it in the canister and LOCK IT OUT.
    This may seem like a lot of extra work but IT IS OUR LIFE WE ARE DEALING WITH!!!!!
    We come to work with 10 fingers ket us go home with the same amount.
    GRAMBO

Re: LOCKOUT TAG OUT

You can purchase several products of that nature through Grainger.
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

I use a product from grainger for securing my welder. It would also work very well as a lockout for pinsetters and many other pieces of equipment in the center.
      The part number is 5T831
      Price is $11.19 in catalog 390 on page 2566

Good thoughts from Grambo.

keep it safe guys.

Mike Wilson
      Mike Wilson
      Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Having a lockout tagout is good but if you have pinchasers back there that dont know any better about unplugging and plugging a machine when working on then they dont belong back there to begin with. Otherwise, proper training needs to be refined.

Comment

You are correct about OSHA looking at the bowling industry. The center I'm at now had a pinchaser call OSHA about some things and OSHA came in and did a Full Center inspection. The lock-out Tag-out is one of the BIG ITEMS they look for. But there are alot of things they expect us to be doing.
          Here are a few of the things that I had to do at my center, and had two choices, Send them pictures as proof of implementing these policies, or have them come back for another inspection, AND BELIEVE ME, YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO COME BACK.
          1) Hazardous Communications Program
          2) Lock-out / Tag-out Program
          3) MSDS Log Book for EVERYTHING in the center from laundry soap to Lane cleaner and oil.
          4) EVERY PLUG, CORD, OUTLET, ETC... IN THE BUILDING, for cover plates, proper grounding.

Some of the other things they are looking for are, Walking on the catwalks (Not allowed) even from one machine to the next, YES they want you to step down from lane 12, then step back up onto lane 11.
          Even know this next one is really absurd, the machine is to be turned off for ANY stop that you are doing, And we all know that you don't turn off the damn machine if the pingate latches, you just push the damn pin over and go on. ( They want the machine off to unlatch the pingate, then turn it back on)
          So yes they do get out of hand on some of this stuff, But they ARE VERY serious about it, and the FINES are not small.
          How does $ 7,000 sound because a mechanic said he has in the past walked across the catwalks.
          Just my two cents worth after going through the OSHA process. These are just SOME of the things they look for, I could have this post 6 pages long if I got into everything they check, But I'm just trying to give you guys that have not dealt with OSHA an idea of what It's like. My personal outlook on it is like this, I would rather have a 24 lane senior league with every member throwing a 40 year old rubber ball that won't go up the lift rods, Then to have OSHA looking into my center !!!!!!! It is no fun, and they don't give a damn how many other things you have going on, THEY WANT IT DONE NOW.
          I was given only 45 days to comply after the inspection. If anyone wants any info I'd be glad to tell you more, Just give me a call at the center (828) 254-6161 I'd tell you to just e-mail me, but as you can see by this post I'd be typing for a week just to cover what they are really looking at. If they come to your center and you are not doing these things, Your life at work will be HELL untill you get them off your back..
          Sorry this was so long. Roger C.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X