Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing pins Controller problems

My problem came back with the machine not going into second ball cycle and the problem I have may not be an easy one to fix. Since the second ball solenoid arm is made of stainless it has caused a small indentation in the standing pins controller between the controller and the lower tension spring. Every time it gets in the indentation it won't allow the controller to go all the way forward and therefore stays on first ball, is Mendes the only one using the stainless arm? There is a rub on the lower tension spring so I flipped it over but it eventually worked itself back into the indentation. I now have 2 machines doing the same thing and have a feeling more will be joining in the problem since they have been on for 5 years now. Other than replacing all the standing pins controllers I need to come up with a better idea. The arms are stainless so they have a tendency to snap if I try and bend them and the second ball solenoid is all the way back as they installed them. I suppose I could build a new bracket for them and move them back 1/2" but right now I'm not sure.
    If you have encountered this problem or foresee it coming in the future for A-2's and the stainless arm let me know. I did notice that the solenoids have more freeplay on these machines and maybe too much as they are a little stiff moving from the all the way out position to the location where they pull for second ball.
    Thanks
    Drill
    After this episode I will be ready for another one of Mike's Brunswick test, I have just learned the function of a new part.

[This message has been edited by Drillmn300 (edited 06-18-2000).]Since I noticed the plunger for the solenoid was relaxed about an inch before any type of engagement, I drilled a 1/4" hole and ran a bolt up from the bottom to stop the plunger from going any farther back down than it needs to. It fixed the problem but it looks like I had better do all 24 of them to prevent this problem from happening on other machines.
    later
    Drill

[This message has been edited by Drillmn300 (edited 06-18-2000).]
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: Standing pins Controller problems

Drill:

The Brunswick ones are just regular steel, so you can bend them, but here's a thought.

A piece of steel fishing leader (high test), crimped so that it stays up on top of the spring seat. Even if it did fall down, not rigid enough or thick enough to cause problems.

Kevin

Comment

Re: Standing pins Controller problems

Do you think for that one minuet I'm waisting any of my leaders on one of these machines. LOL, I go fishing twice a week and my darn boat motors ill too so I have to stay and fix these things until it gets out of the shop. Thanks KL but for now the bolt I put in for a stop won't allow the rod to get back into the groove it created and still has 3/16" of play. I think I'll put a stop bolt in all of them so it will eliminate the 1 1/2" play that is in the rod now. This has to have been one of the biggest brain teasers since I've been working on these babies.
      Drill

David Bolt
      Champaign, IL
      USBC Silver Coach
      IBPSIA BOD
      IBPSIA Advanced
      Technical Certified
      Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
      Working...
      X