Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guards & Covers

Speaking of OSHA stuff... I've always wonderred this, and I've spent more time tonight inside the manuals than I care to mention... but the random thought comes to mind:

At the top of the detector and gearbox assemblies are mounting bosses for ...something..... (The thing you usually put your hand on for balance whilst sitting on the machine...) It seems to me there must have been some kind of cover or hoods for the detector and gearbox at some point in their lives. I've never seen or even heard of such critters, but I still wonder. Anyone heard of 'em? I've always dreamed about fabricating something to that affect to keep the dust out of the cams and detectors, but like most projects, it's still in the dream stage. Did these originally have guards up there? Or are those mounting bosses there for another reason? I bet OSHA would have a hay-day with all the guards and warnings that these machines are all missing.

Ever notice the cover of the Bruns. A2 service manual's binder, shows a pic of the machine butted up against a ~brick wall~... Hate to be the sorry @%$$#^ recoverring a ball out of ~those~ lift rods! OSHA would not approve
    Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Re: Guards & Covers

Olds:

The bosses on top of the detector were for a micro-switch which on the REAL old "A" machines, would black out the machine on an out-of-range. Unsure of when the design was changed, but it was before the 20,000s

Kevin

Comment

There was also a reset solanoid mounted on one of the bosses. I have worked on rear wall machines. The out-of-range lever and electrical buss comes out the front. The catwalk is hinged and you have to put a spliced ball wheel belt on. They were developed for bowling centers that had pinboys because there was little room behind the lanes when they converted them to automatics.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Chuck (edited 10-24-1999).]

Comment

I have seen photos of the gearbox with a lid & hinged door assembly that all coverd the gearbox and the detector. The main part of the shield/cover was bolted over the top of the gearbox and the rear end would lift to access the clutch. It also covered the 2:1 unit also. I think the idea was to protect from slipping and falling onto of the 4:1 crank & sweep link while in motion.
        ( and I used to run on the rear catwalks from one end of the house to the other )

Mike Urbanovsky

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...
        Working...
        X