Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality "blew-matic" power lift tires

has anyone tried those honeycomb new-matic power lift tires from quality? If so has anyone had one last over 6 months? I think whoever designed those must have been sniffing the glue they use to bond them to the hub. I guess there's no substitute for the good old Brunswick tires.

jerrid
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Re: Quality "blew-matic" power lift tires

Jerrid I most certainly agree with you, i find that you cant beat the Brunswick Pneumatic tires. Even the urethane V tires eventually tend to spread and cause problems.

[This message has been edited by PC (edited 11-02-1999).]

Comment

LOL tell us how you really feel Jerrid

Amen on the old brunswick tires nothing beats them.

Mike Wilson
      Mike Wilson
      Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

I have a few of them that have been in for better than a year, also have had a few that blew in a few months. I think that it was a good idea, but still isn't quite beefy enough to play with the big dogs.

I think that if they made it almost solid, with as much urethane as there is air in it now ... (it does need to compress somewhat) that the durability would be there, there's no question that it lifts balls well, but the lifespan could use some work.

Kevin

Comment

The old adage:
          Speed cost's money, how fast do you want to go?
          My experience with the honycomb wheels is exactly that, positive returns, little problems. even with reactives. However very short life, two years max. Hard to beat a Brunswick tire on the bottom, with a v wheel on the top.The reason for that configeration is if a belt slips, its on the the top, bottom dosen't slip, resulting in a double v groove in the ball. This is not a problem that is localized, it's nationwide, didn't really start till reactives. If anyone has more input, or a simple solution, please share it with us. We accecpt that the lift must be level, clutch good, either urethane, or leather tracks, converted to v drive, or what ever you have found most effective , and with no obvious impedance to ball entry. If you have found a positive cure for this problem, you will enjoy the undying respect of this entire forum
          rfm

Comment

I tried a few of those tires myself. They lifted balls great until they "blew-out". I replaced them a couple of times (they replaced them under warranty)but finally switched back to the Brunswick "Go Cart" tires. I heard recently from my distributor (Mitchell Sales) that Quality is introducing a Ureathane Foam Tire that has the same profile of the honeycomb design but is "much more durable". They told me they have sent some prototypes to area centers for Quality and they love them. We'll have to wait and see if they've come up with something better than the original Brunswick.

Comment

I was recently contacted by the product manager of Brunswick, about this post, he explained to me how they have tried to discontinue the new-matic tires, but some mechanics complained that it was the only one that would lift balls in their powerlifts. They are introducing a new foam type tire that will supposedly outlast the new-matic tire. He was extremely helpful and courteous about the situation, and even sent me 2 of the new tires they are testing, at no charge! (thanx Dave!) These new tires look extremely tough, I will put them to the test, and let you all know how they work. They as well are bonded to an aluminum hub and seem to be made of some type of urethane foam, they are (no pun intended) "blew" in color. I guess this goes to show you these guys are always working to improve their products, which sure makes life a little easier on all of us.

Thanks Quality, im sure these tires will work out very well.

Jerrid
              and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X