Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling Pins

Can anyone tell me their thoughts on Diamond Duramid pins? What pins are you guy's currently using and how do they compare with ones you have used in the past?

Re: Bowling Pins

I just heard some very positive things just today about them from a friend that over sees the lanes/machines for a 13 unit chain and also consults for dozens of other centers here in the North East. He said they're scoring much better than the AMF and the out of ranges are down to nothing. The base is manufactured out of a different material and he believes that's the reason for them sliding less.

We've used Brunswick for 5 of the last 6 years, and AMF the other. We wont be buying AMF again. I'm going to take a long look at Diamond late this summer when we need to order another set.

Im also curious to see what others say.

------------------
    Steve Mermelstein
    Milton Bowling Center
    Steve Mermelstein
    BowlingFans.com

Comment

I couldn't tell you about any other pins because we use stricly Brunswick pins here. They score really well and I can squeeze about 18 months out of them in a pretty high lineage center. But as far as AMF pins go, one of my bowlers told me they last a long time, because they never hit each other. LOL

jerrid

[This message has been edited by jerrid (edited 11-03-1999).]

[This message has been edited by jerrid (edited 11-03-1999).]
      and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

A.M.F. Has the best pins out there right now. And yes, they do last, I'm just now replacing a set that has approx. 7,100 lines per set on them. At my center, that's about a year on the pins, BUT I don't rotate pins at all, They only give me one set. So that 7,100 lines per box is non-stop pounding on them. They never come out for a break at all. They get put in and run untill I need new ones.

Comment

Our center currentlly runs Brunswick MAX and we have blackout problems from the pins sticking in the buckets (Brunswick A-2)We never really had blackout problems until the MAXS were installed. We want out Amflites back, but for reasons beyond our control we can't. This just goes to show, Amflites are the better pins.

Comment

Were running Qubica's (Vulcan clones). Never seen a cheap pin so hard to knock down. Same weight as our last batch of amflights. The bottoms are even a tad smaller and they still don't fall. But they slide all over for tons of OOR's (GO Figure?).

After 2800 lines they still won't fall. They stick and slip at the orientating pans worse than any pin I've ever seen.

We put our ugly blistered AMF's back in, avg's went up 15 pins across the house!!

JUST MY 2 cents. (And, when did they replace the cent sign on the keyboard with a carat?...^...) I guess a penny just isn't worth what it used to be.

TECH

Comment

I have used the AMF amflites and they are simply awesome.,the base rings stay on (unlike bruns),they rarely crack,scoring is very good and i dont get those stupid turn pan jams that the max can give.As for the O.O.R. calls,i dont get them much BUT..that also depends on how well the pin decks are cleaned!The AMF also sound crisper,the Max pin sounds almost dead right from the get-go.I worked at a 40 lane center that had Max pins and those pins constantly caused problems but the owner seems to like them.It also seems that the AMF tend to bounce around the deck better than the Max do so the carry is better.Vulcan is another very good pin,scores well nd holds up.Max pins just cause trouble and the coating just does not hold up on the pins hense,turn pan jams..blackouts from sticky pins.If i had a 40 lane place...i would only use AMF!!!

Comment

I second that B.Lee AMF amflites rule. But don't get them recoated. We had bruns max and from day1 they sounded dead. the scores were down. We put the AMF pins back in scores went back up.

Comment

My vote goes for the Brunswick Max. MUCH fewer out-of-ranges with the Max. Amflite II's cause too many OORs...just look at the base and you'll see why. Also, had problems with Amflites swelling up and getting mushy in the bellies causing them to stick in deck chutes. (7/10 especially). Amflites also have a tendency to have more neck cracks...which sounds like crap from up front. IMHO, Brunswick Max is a better all around pin.
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Diamond Duramid pins bowled on those pins about 12 or so years ago at The Quaker State Open at Forum Bowl in Grand Prarie. Interesting though Forum only used them one year so I don't know how they faired. Dallas has been dominated by AMF pretty much and my center and a few others are using MAx's. I haven't been real pleased with the MAX's...ours score ok but they run badly in our a2's and even worse when the humidity goes up. However we somehow got some Max's that were made in China atleast that is the story I have been given...permit number 370...they aren't coated with Surlyn either because whatever they use on these stays tight around the belly. From 60' away they look the same but I tell you this these Chinese made MAx's are holding up, scoring better, and functioning in the machine better than their American cousins. If anyone knows anything about these other Max's let me know. Duramid rep tells me their pins have a 5000 line warranty and the bases on these pins have a tacky coating on them that i assume is for the out of range problem.

Comment

The Diamond pins made in mexico, is the best
                      product to come out of that country.I used them 8 years ago,$25 cheaper a box and they
                      were in for 18 months straight.
                      We had the Bruns Max during their ring
                      disaster.About 300 180's from the bottom
                      rings falling out and stopping at the pingate.
                      AMF pins had the neck breakage problems
                      a few years ago.
                      My choice 1.Diamond
                      2.AMF
                      3.Brunswick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X