Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detectors

Question.In the 40 laner im at i have seen about 3,count them...3 different style of detectors (if not 4).Some of them just look so odd and old!!And its weird the problems they cause by just being different than the others.Its those (oddballs) that seem to give more troubles than any others!Its just rally strange.Now..in an old center i was at with original a machines upgraded to jet-back status,those detectors were all the same with very little trouble!!Ami missing something here in detector styles?Its hard to descride the differences but,looking at them its plain as day!The place im at now is about...11 years old if that helps you.Any of you got alot of various detectors and if so..any different odd problems?Strange question isnt it.

Re: detectors

The older detectors (with toes rather than roller bearings on the latches) may be getting to the point where the amount of wear on the toes is causing those "flaky" problems which don't occur often enough that you want to rip it out, yet still cause enough stops to be a problem. Take a look at where the strike latch contacts the scissor cam selector (gb195, pg 15 of the green book)

with an un-worn toe (or a roller bearing toe), the top of the strike selector will be even with the top of the scissor cam selector. If less than half of the strike selector is contacting the scissor cam selector, your toes in that detector are probably getting to where the latches in the detector should be replaced (typically causes swept spares, as the strike selector won't always catch.)

This is a quick way of checking them, if one of the toes is worn out, the other 2 (oor and standing pins selectors) are most likely shot too ... but the strike selector is the one on top and easiest to inspect.

Hope this helps:

Kevin

Comment

Re: detectors

A couple thoughts on this, preventive maint. is definately the life saver for detectors. Sometimes the oil can is more effective than the wrench! Keeping them oiled is important, and something I think all of us do, being how involved it is to strip down and rebuild a detector. I think the trouble comes when whoever was in charge of the machines or center before we came, and what their habbits were... did they maintain the detectors or just let them grind themselves away? They are neato to watch, and even fun to rebuild but with all the other things they have for us in the center, there just isn't the time. So this is definately one of the most important assemblies to maintain. Definately worth the few minutes it takes to keep them "brains" oiled.

[This message has been edited by Matty (edited 11-08-1999).]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
      Working...
      X