Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic out of range lever

I have a couple of pinsetters that the automatic out of range dosen't work. I know that my detector rods are ajusted right. Hey Roscoe maybe you can give me a hint I think you put them in before I got to HUTCH. It is starting to give me and my guys to many respots.

Thanks CHUCK .

[This message has been edited by Super Chuck (edited 03-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Super Chuck (edited 03-16-2000).]
    CHUCK MCDOWELL

Re: Automatic out of range lever

Chuck:

#1 cause of auto OOR not working is someone tightened the nylock nut that holds the latch onto the detector mounting bolt, causing the latch to bind. (since no one admits to it, I assume these can tighten by themselves ) Cycle the machine and see if the latch is moving at all. Should go in and out freely by itself twice during a normal cycle. They also are fussy about being oiled, at least quarterly.

Second thing I'd look at is the OOR lever in the detector pushing forward on an OOR? Just to be sure the detector is seeing OOR properly, check it on OOR between 2-3 positions, 7-8 and 9-10, as the deck level and stabilizer rod end condition can affect the detector seeing OOR condition.

Had one machine that i checked for OOR between 2-3 (easy to get to). After seeing machine sweep an OOR in the back row, set OOR back there, machine swept it. Don't remember if it was slight tweak to rod or shot rod ends, both can cause it.

Look at the hook selector cam bearing, if it's broken, the hook selector may not move far enough back for the oor latch to engage.

Sometimes it's necessary to file the inner surface of the latch to be sure it engages freely, if it binds at all getting in, it will cause problems. If the angle of the latch is wrong, it can snap out.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by KL Kevin (edited 03-17-2000).]

Comment

Re: Automatic out of range lever

I have had a couple machines that have needed a new Auto O/R latch, due to the original getting the front hook rounded off by wear. It detected the O/R, then attempted to operate, but due to the hook part being worn, it would "slip" off of the spacer on the rake hook selector. I just changed the latch out, and didnt even have to adjust the thing.

Wookie

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...
      Working...
      X