Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new motor start relay units

Hey guys,has anyone seen the new motor start relays?,its 2 small pc boards stacked on each other..no more contacts to deal with.Question is...are they really good?,anyone have these in their center and do they REALLY last?I think Bowl-Tronics has them.Dont think they are expensive at all either.

Re: new motor start relay units

Uh oh... why does that worry me? (pc board design).

Comment

Yes i have used them from bowltronics,actually i used them in replacement for the Model A machine recyle relay it solved all problems of contacts sticking expecially when electronic triggering is used.its the same relay as motor start.i prefer them over the contact point ones.

------------------

Comment

well, sounds like an intresting idea with a p.c.b. for a motor start relay, but it also sounds too good to be true. i think i would stay with the tried a trued original relay. also you guys with problems with the points sticking.....if you have auto scoring, check to make sure that all the scoring cables inside the electrical box are not laying on top of the contacts.after good old brunswick put in our framworx system, i had the pinsetter staying on when it was supposed to be off just because of the wires jaming up the contacts.

jvc bowling supplies

Comment

This is true but when cycle relay is the only thing to cycle machines the points burn and stick and cause constant resets ect.Its time to replace them with a better mousetrap.With automatic triggering on A machines the cycle relay usually takes all the pounding and the dont hold up for crap.So The solid states are the best there is....:_)

------------------

Comment

good point there jim on the "a" machines ! i have a-2 so i dont use it for cycleing the machine..maybe it will be a great product for the recycle relay.

jvc

Comment

Gentlemen:
              On aformentioned conversions:
              MDL. A mchs.

I.E. Zots, or any other changes utilyzing the cycle relay for constant triggering, I have found that using a 30 amp point capability, 24v coil, such as Grainger number,(5X-846), which is a dpdt., as a direct replacement for the cycle relay, greatly enhances the life as well as the functioning of said componant.
              Roscoe
              rfm

Comment

All solid state relay devices will be more reliable than a mechanical unit. The solid state unit switch differently than mechanical units. I could bore you with the technical details, but I would probably bore you all. Here's the point. IF the PC units are designed properly, as the Bowl-Tronics are, you will NEVER replace it unless your transformer goes south and you get a huge spike.
                I use them for mtr start and cycle use on 12 A's and have never had a problem in over five months.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X