Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins

Yes, we are an AMF house so yea we are running AMF pins. They have been in service for about 18 months now and not doing to bad. This is interesting though, to me anyway. As soon as we put the pins in they started jamming up at the bottom of the pin wheel. They don't enter the pin wheel pockets. Nope they just sit there one on top of another and block everything until a 180 stop occurs. Has anyone seen this before any suggestions? Jacks

Re: Pins

Pin "clusters" should be an infrequent occurance. Typically in my 16 lane house ... maybe twice a month (if that often).

A few thoughts:

Condition of the pit carpets ... a dirty/oily/matted carpet won't make the pins fall off the pit board in a fashion where they don't have a choice but to go in the pin wheel.

Belts: a worn pit belt or M/E belt will cause the pit to shake slower and cause the same type of problems.

Pit frame level: A pit that's too low in front/high in back won't force the pins backward, they'll just slide back slowly.

Basically, what you're looking for is that the pins should be fighting each other to see which one's gonna get in the wheel first.

Kevin

Comment

Hey Kevin read your reply...thanks. The problem is that the pins are already off of the shaker board. They are jammed up on top of the pin wheel. Usually ends up with two or three pins laying side by side over the pin wheel. The wheel is turning and nothing entering it. There is always several more pins backed up behind them. Seems to occur mainly after the first ball is thrown. Thanks Jacks

Comment

How much space do you have between the sheet metal piece in the rear frame and the pin wheel? It's possible someone put the wrong spacers in between the lower pin wheel guide roller shafts and the sheet metal piece.

Not sure mine's 100% correct, but from the sheet metal to the rear edge of the pin wheel, i get 1 5/8". If the spacers aren't there or too small, it's possible that there isn't enough room for the pins to settle into the pockets right. It's strange that it started when you put the new pins in, though ...

How many pins are you running per machine? ... know that's a dumb one to ask, pretty much everyone knows 21 is the right number, but if by chance you have more, that could contribute to the problem, too.

Hope something here helps:

Kevin

Comment

I too have only seen this call 4 or 5 times, but I have had B mechanics and pinchasers say they see it "all the time" but usually it breaks up before it causes a stop,and if there is a call mostly its a ball in front of cushion,and when you get to the pinsetter the pins are gone just leaving the ball in front of cushion.I have heard of mechanics mounting half of a pit mount to the pin wheel to create a disturbance when the pins pile up....
          I wanted to try something so I bolted a pin in one pin wheel pocket in each pinsetter,it crates a disturbance in the event pins pile-up.I dont know at this point if it is a worth while project but I do know I have't had any pile-ups.I will keep posting findings if anyone is interested.

Peanut
          Peanut

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys. This has become a problem for me, about six or seven calls a week. I like the idea of half a pit mount, relatively small and should still break up any problems. I will proceed with tracking the calls and determing which machines need the attention. Will try to let you know how it works. Thanks Jack.

Comment

I bet you do not have deck jam problems. That's worse. We run MAX pins and we have pins sticking in the deck chutes all the time. So it could be worse. We never had this problem until we started using MAXs. Our Amflites were the greatest.

Comment

the humidity in Texas is hell on pins and deck chutes!
                and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

I agree with Jerrid. The Texas weather reeks havoc on our machines and the pins. Last night we had a significant change in weather about 8 pm. First shift ran great but when 8:45pm shift got on floor the humidity had gone up and so did the POD and Black out calls.

Comment

I didn't get any M.D. jams with the new AMFLITE pins but the turn pan jams sure went up. Tore up a lot of pins until they were under control.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X