Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinsetters after fire

i am working on pinsetters that have set in a building for 3 months. everything is rusted. all elec contacts are frozen together. what would you guys use to remove the rust?

Re: pinsetters after fire

I would try...navel jelly to remove rust,works pretty good.Get a strong working penatrant,i have been using stuff called..Nut Buster from a place called Overall Supply Co.,works very good!And of course a good solvent,i have been using brake cleaner on things but the strength depends on who makes it,and its cleaning action.But of course lets not forget to use some steel wool,sanding paper,wire brushes etc.Sounds like you have some work cut out for ya!Good luck.

Comment

Re: pinsetters after fire

Since the electrical is more than likely shot I would get a sand blaster or something in the small bead form to clean it up first. I don't know how much time you have but I use a bench sand blaster and it takes everything down to bare metal. You would need a larger blaster to do the whole machine but it would work out a lot faster. Sounds like a fun project that I would be interested in, there is nothing like looking at the before and after accomplishments of somthing like your project.
      Good Luck!
      Drill
      Drill

David Bolt
      Champaign, IL
      USBC Silver Coach
      IBPSIA BOD
      IBPSIA Advanced
      Technical Certified
      Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X