Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full deck blocking finger

I have 1 machine that about once a night doesn't recognize a full deck, I have never seen what happens because as all machines it runs perfect when i'm sitting on top of it. I have replaced everything but the gearbox, everything works perfect but once a night it will either not detect a full deck or something is popping the finger back up. It does seem to be getting better with each new part I put on, this is what I have changed so far: turret cam, long link assy., blocking fingers, interlock probe and center chute, tension springs,interlock shaft,every link and lever I could see for the hell of it the whole turret clutch and trip lever assembly since I was in the area. All adjustment are perfect and the next step is to put the camera on and just record what it does. Any help would be gratefull, I love working on these machines and will tear down anything but these little anoying problems burn my ass.
    Thanks
    Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: Full deck blocking finger

Drill:

I'd take a look at the 180 stop linkage (GB338, etc from page 28 of the green book).

I had one machine where the linkage would bind every so often like that, and when it does, the interlock shaft can't rotate enough for the lever that holds the long link back to drop in.

Another thought is to look at how close the lift shaft projection is to that lever when the machine is detecting a strike, but if that was it, problem would be showing up more often.

Good Luck:

Kevin

Comment

Drill,

One thing that I have seen cause this on several occasions is a 2:1 stud and/or bearing going bad. As the play increases in the yoke (or link) the deck lift pin may not raise high enough to engauge on the deck lowering hook. When this happens at the same time as a strike is thrown, the deck will go all the way to spotting new pins height to check for standing pins, releasing the long link and raising the blocking finger at 90 degrees.

This condition will also cause an intermittant mis-scoring problem, as the deck will be resting on any standing pins before the 44 take data occurs.

Mark

Comment

Drillman, This is a rather simple problem to solve. Run your machine and watch the back side of the long link assy where it latches on the hook, as the turret delivers the pins to the deck and the turret indexes, the long link will move rearward and latch on the hook. Look at it real close, the long link should come back far enough for the hook to drop over the roller bearing on the rear of the long link, in fact it should come back a little farther then come forward about an eighth of an inch. If you watch it and it looks like the long link is just barely latching then your long link assy is most likely bent. Ive seen this numerous times. When you changed your long link assy was it with a new one or one off your shelf?
        If you need to just remove the long link and carefully bend it outward then check it again to see if it latches properly. Also check other things such as your 180 lever adjustment and even check your triggering linkages also check for binding of the long link, if that long link is bent in it has a tendancy to bind on that aluminum cover on the bottom of the turret. Have fun..

Comment

Havn't had time to reregister yet:
          Drills right on
          Problems like this, while seemingly simple can involve several major adjs.
          The most important adjustment on a pinsetter is the deck lift shaft adjustment, as all others flow from there. If the deck lift shaft is not proper height, along with the rake shaft height, above the playing surface, then all other adjustments will not come into an equal equation, with the aformentioned adjs. correct, a deck setting height of 1'8 inch less than pin protusion from first shift, coupled with a 8 1/2 inch strike height, will generaly solve detecting on the long link, which always results in a double deck. One other thing not mentioned, is not stopping at 0, and releasing pins. The mch starts up, dumps pins and the eight and nine go in later than usual, sometimes folding the heads under the v pan, then at 180 they lift the turret enough to unlock the full deck link, usually a stiff micro boot on turret switch involved in this failure. All this is assuming the full deck latch has a good roller as well as a centering bushing, the latch itself is in good shape, the long link has a bushing at the roller and roller is contacting the turret cam fully.
          rfm

Comment

A2Goldman:
            Sorry about that, I intended to say you were semingly, right on
            rfm

Comment

Thanks for the ego boost Roscoe, glad to see your still posting.

Mark

Comment

Make sure your turret frame is not raised up too high in the front. It's possible to cancel a full deck signal when the front of the turret lifts way up (like during a turret jam). If turret frame is too high, it's possible that the hook latch can disengage from the long link.

Just a thought. Good luck.
                Happy Holidays!
                matty

Comment

What a deal, these pinsetters never scare me that much until I start reading the experience that you guys post in these forums and I hope you know that I have printed every page of every problem in this sight. The problem is fixed, one of the helpers changed the turret cam and it was brand new from Brunswick but the piece that signals the full deck was bent at an angle and the rivets were too far down on the cam, it is hard to explain but when something new is put on the machine I just expect it to be good. I called Brunswick and they said they had a stamping problem on just a few cams and lucky me got to play with it. Once again thanks for all your replies you guys have help more than you could ever imagine and a special thanks to Mike or I wouldn't have this sight available for use.
                  Merry Christmas All
                  Drill
                  PS: for a minuet I though I was going to be the only 23 lane house in the country, heck I always wanted an aisle down the middle of the house anyway.
                  Drill

David Bolt
                  Champaign, IL
                  USBC Silver Coach
                  IBPSIA BOD
                  IBPSIA Advanced
                  Technical Certified
                  Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X