Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn pans

Hi guys!Yes it's me again..lol.Was wondering about turn pan jams.The 40 laner i am at seems or seemed to get way too many t.p.j. calls so i went through the problem ones,adj.the pin guides,install the missing or broken leafs(duh),check pinwheel for being loose,ck.cross conv.switch,etc.Then went through and lubed the rubber mounts with a good silicone spray to get between frame and mounts,now things are looking better and the turn pans can once again pivot freely,most we're bound up.Ever run into turn pan jam troubles??
    Things are working much better now.

Re: turn pans

We been having a increase in our TPJ's lately. Do you know how many leaf springs are supposed to be in place? Wondering if we have fewer than supposed to.
    Thanks!
    matt

Comment

Hey guys, don't know brand b's very well but amf guys have trouble with pins orienting properly due to the pins picking up oil.

Comment

Matty,
        There is a long spring bolted to guide and a short spring under the long one for support...
        You can also buy or make a support kit to mount under springs to adjust pressure as needed to get pin guide to conform to the shape of pin wheel.
        You also may want to be on the lookout for slipping pins on cross conveyor,this is begining to be more and more of a problem...

Good Luck
        Peanut
        Peanut

Comment

Just a note. My machines are 40 yrs old. I find some problems are caused by worn tits on the pin wheel(they wear flat) causing pin to hang just a litte. Also, I tried an AMF trick on bruns. mach. I mounted a pit mount on the frame of machine with a piece of 1/16"x6" piece of metal parallel to the pin wheel outer and inter edges of wheel. This makes sure he pins are seated in whell before they reach the turn pan. If you have a good welder, ask him how much it would cost to replace the tits on wheel.

Comment

The major cause of turn pan jams lately is what masternut was talking about, oily CC belts and/or pins not taking the pins away from the pan fast enough.

Another possibility is that over time, the lip on the front of the turn pan will bend slightly, if the back of your turn pan is dropping down every time a pin goes through, the lip may need to be bent down slightly till that stops.

The number of spacers between the pin wiper springs and the elevator frame is important, too ... if the wiper is too high (too many spacers or too thick), the belly-first pins may hang their necks on the front edge of the wiper, yet too low causes pins to fall out or jam in the wheel when the buttons get worn.

Kevin

Comment

hi,

we dont have very many problems with turn pan jams, but we do have a problem that only occurs on 2 lanes. Pins seem to want to go up the cross conveyour head first, and of course get stuck under the control box

Anyone else have this problem often?

later

------------------
              Cheers

AKD

Comment

Ok...question.On lane 33 i am getting DOUBLE pins in the pin guide!Its like they are almost on top of each other,the leafs get all bent out of shape (of course),the transfer from pin guide to turn pan IS smooth,i can sit there for 3 hours and it wont have a problem(figures).Its like one pin sits on the guide and another pins jumps on it!Pockets/tits look good.Ideas??

Comment

nighthawk,
                  I have seen this happen alot esp. in houses that have stamped pin wheels.Whats happening is that the pin is fallin out of pocket as it enters pin guide.I use a bungee cord to hold the pins in pockets.There is also more info posted on an other thead,"modular pin wheels" I believe.You can look under past topic and try to find.

Good luck
                  Peanut
                  Peanut

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X