Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DECK PROBLEM

I HAVE A DECK WHEN IT IS ABOUT 1 FOOT FROM THE PIN DECK.THE DECK WILL SHIFT TO SET NEW PINS AND DROP THE PINS AND THE DECK KEEPS COMING DOWN.IT DOES IT ONCE IN AWHILE IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTION IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPREICIATED

THANK YOU, ACE

Re: DECK PROBLEM

Ace,
    what you are describing sounds like your deck eccentric adjustment on the 2:1 might be a little off. The deck is trying to set pins from respotting height. Some other things to check:

1. Broken or cracked deck hook cam lever

2. Weak or possibly missing spring from deck lift hook to deck hook cam lever

3. Check spring on moving deck/scissor selector

4. Check your moving deck/scissor latch adjustment

5. Check to make sure your strike cam follower is fully seating in the low of the timing cam. And check the B shaft for any restricted movement or binds.

6. Check the deck lowering hook latch adjustment to make sure the hook is disengaging the pin in the deck lift shaft.

7. Also, I have seen the deck lowering hook selector cause this if it is out of adjustment.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

Jerrid
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Ace:
      I might add to also check condition of roll pin in 12-100097, moving deck sissors latch, sometimes breaks and prevents positive adj. of flag. Also check condition of 12-100488 , flag mounting stud.
      Roscoe
      rfm

Comment

Hey Ace
        Another thing I have had happen is the large spring inside the rake tube will be broken in pieces and it will prevent the deck from going all the way down if the pieces sometimes bind up.
        If you can stop the machine as it happens,you can push on the rake arms and sometimes the deck will go the rest of the way down letting you know it is the large spring.
        Hope this helps.
        grambo

Comment

Grambo:
          My experience with that, is deck is usually 2 to 3 inches from floor, and sets pins. Dosn't usually set pins and continue on down, however if youv'e seen that condition, would very much like to here about it. There is certainly, something new a pinsetter can do, or will do, with each new sunrise.
          All good wishes:
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

Ace:

I think the key here is, indeed does the deck continue to travel down, after setting pins, which means it is on the long link, as it should be, which does bring into question everything aforementioned. If it's setting off of the short hook, its the 12-100183, deck hook selector, Which can easily be reconditioned on a belt sander, at a savings of $48,00. owing to the fact, there's infinite adj. on this piece.
            Roscoe
            rfm

Comment

you might check your 'or'locking latch adj., sometimes it will lock & make deck drop pins from respotting height. Also the rake trip latch(trips shot gun) could invert and cause a number of problems, check pit cushion height to make sure ball clears cushion as to prevent latch from inverting.

Comment

As Roscoe said, it has to be on the lowering hook, because there is no way the deck assy is going to fully retract a foot or more above the lane then continue to travel to 1" above the lane surface unless your gearbox is EXTREMELY out of time between the 1:1 and 2:1
                and you all know the machine wouldn't do anything right then. Check that large brass ring on the 2:1 and make sure it is not binding, I have seen quite a few go dry and not latch causing the deck to stay on the link, also check the linkages from the lowering hook that actually spring urge the hook up make sure there are no binds there and by all means, lubricate them. Hope this solves your problem ace, Good luck. Charles.

[This message has been edited by Charles Heuer (edited 12-27-1999).]

Comment

Ace:
                  Been my experience that a binding deck lowering hook(binding on the brass eccentric) due to lack of lub and or overtightening the u-bolt usually results in a broken end of the short hook when it punches the frame tube while setting pins from the long link. It is quite possible to set pins from a foot above the deck and have the mch. deck continue on down, but thats a flag problem. Always remember the short hook tries to set the deck, the only way to prevent that is to hold it from the path of the deck shaft pin, which is the deck hook selector latches reason for life. You need to describe to all, the best estimation of where the deck is at the time of shift, ie. on the holding hook, or at 8 1/2 inches, or somewhere in between. I'll bet there is enough experience in this forum to help you. Just hope your not smelling gearbox oil in the vicinity of this pinsetter. But there's still help for that
                  Roscoe
                  rfm

Comment

WELL IT WAS A BROKEN BOLT ON THE FLAG MOUNTING STUD. IT FINALLY GAVE WAY LAST
                    NIGHT. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

HAVE GREAT NEW YEAR AL OF YOU

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X