Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gray A pinsetters

hello this is my first ad ? im a new owner of a 12 lane center i was a mechanic of a 24 lane center that had converted a-2 setters im only 24 years old to ad guys and i have seen some buggered up machines i just want to know how many guys out there have gray A setters that were installed brand new the center i own was built in 1961 by brunswick and everything was put in new in my area i did alot of work on the road and never seen any thing installed new ive seen alot of tucker stuff man the setters from tucker look beat up would like to here from all the wrenches out there PS ive fallen off the light bar scopen out the ladies tooo
    catch ya later j b

Re: gray A pinsetters

Our center has 10 gray pinsetters, fairly new but the mean green ones are better built prior the gray japanese machines.

Comment

no these arnt jap they are american A setters i think i have the only house in southern mn that have new setters these will blow smoke rings around jap not to pis any wrenchers off ive worked on japs there ok if you like replaceing liftshafts and other parts nothing aganist the mechanics out there the jap steel is to soft i think ive done alot of 1 to1 for a 24 year old boy the main shafts are to soft and dont last

Comment

Ok ok get off the Jap A2 guys backs LOL....you won't find an electrical box in an American A2 that is easy to work on like those in the Japs. Yes they have softer metal blah blah and so on but I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the 58 I work on. You make it sound like they drop 1 to 1's on an annual basis. They aren't that bad...ours hold up very well to the high lineage we have..and then again we don't run ours at A2 speed either. Catch you later JB.

Comment

Mike,
          What speed are you running your Jap A-2's? We slowed ours down to "A" speed and loving it.

Later
          Peanut
          Peanut

Comment

ok boys ive got a problem it sucks ass i got a 1 to 1 going out on my a setters BUT it has been replaced before about 12 years ago the cover is good but the moving parts are **** the md cam is slipping on the main shaft its from the early MEAN green machine the plate is corved like the otis was so i guess im in for a day of fun this will make 9 1 to 1 covers ive changed well i know rule of thumb im changing the deck jam switch its amazing what a 1 to 1 goes through it EATS ALOT OF **** pardon my french im going to like doing this its been a few years since ive done this this goes out to all covers that arnt broke GO OUT IN THE SUMMER TIME catch ya later j b

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeremy:

[This message has been edited by EDJ (edited 03-06-2000).]

Comment

The mean green machines were made by Otis Elevator Co. for Brunwick until 1960.
                (serial no's up to approx. 30,000) When Brunswick took over manufacturing the A pinsetter they also changed the color to grey. Factory U.S. built A2's came out around serial No. 80,000. Each series of pinsetters seem to have their own set of problems. The thing about Brunswick is that these problems can be repaired, fixed, changed, modified, etc and they will run for another 5 - 10 years.

EDJ

[/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EDJ:

[This message has been edited by EDJ (edited 03-06-2000).]

Comment

jeremy. what serial number are your pinsetters ? on your 1to1 problem what areas of the 1to1 is failing is the spur gear wearing on shaft ? or like you mentioned the moving deck scissors cam loose on shaft ? or by the cycle cam ? you might consider a mechanical jam protection kit which would disengage your clutch . there were some keyways installed back then on the shaft that were softer than the shaft and later another change was made . DAN

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X