Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pingate latch

i was just wondering. which do you feel works better in the pingate latch, the roll pin or the shoulder bolt. i've come to favor the roll pin due to longer life. has anyone used the plastic pingate straps? if so, how well do they work? it seems that they would have a short service life. thanks...alex smith
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Re: pingate latch

I prefer the bolt over the roll pin any day, the roll pin lasted a little longer but was a pain to change. I tried a few plastic straps and didn't care for them at all.
    Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

I have never tried the bolts so I can't give any input on that,but I do have the plastic pin gate straps(vantage only)and they work good.I tried the black ones from Quality and they were too flexable.We have had the white vantage ones on for 5 years had no problems,or pin gates locking.

Later
      Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

I like to hear that, we only tried the Quality and found them to be too flexable so gave up on them. We will check out the Vantage now though, seems like a great idea but gave up too soon after trying one company.
        Drill
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

I like the bolt over the roll pin also. With the roll pin anyone can change out the part without any down time. Now for the plastic v.s. metal I like the metal with a custom grind before install.
          Playball2Hard
          Treat everyday like it could be your last day!

Comment

I prefer the bolts. Yes, the roll pins have a longer life, but the bolts are so much easier to change while the machine is running (oops, forgot about OSHA). Just a note though, if you are going to run the bolts, you should have one of the newer style latches, or weld a small spacer in the front of the latch (to prevent the bolt from squeezing the latch and pinching the strap).

I also use the same bolt to replace the x-washer pin in the indexing bellcrank. This makes the bellcrank/bolt a more solid pivot point, preventing the bellcrank hole from ovalling out.

Comment

Another method of providing a support for the bolt to tighten on is to press a 1/2 to 3/4 inch long, 1/4 inch,OD roll pin just in front of bolt enabling one to positivly tighten bolt with no binding on latch.
              Bolts have to be run tight or they themselves will cause relatching
              rfm

Comment

I just have to say, but forget the bolt....

Unless all of your latch asse.'s have the bridge casted across the fork end.... for without this casting bridge, tightening the bolt will simply collapes the fork in on it's self....

and if the bolt isn't tight (like the roll pin is), the vibration will cause the bolt to losen.... once it's lose, your dead meat... the hole will wear ever so slightly and then a roll pin simply falls out (if you try to go back to a roll pin later)....

Once the hole is worn, the latch is junk (at a cost of $59.00, last time I bought one).... it's much cheaper to buy a pkg of roll pins & the pin press Brinswick has in their tool chest (it takes me about 5 mins to change out a pin & strap during league).... I place a 1/2" open end wrench between the fork, as I press the new pin in(old one comes out/new one goes in, one shot), the wrench maintains the space between the fork.... then I grease the strap up & oil the pivot for tension spring on link....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X