Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift Problems

Hello,

How are you all doin. I'm having trouble with reactive balls going up the lifts.
    I have Brunswick orange v-tire on the bottom and and the go-kart tire on the top with leather track for the rails. Was wondering what everybody opinions are on this and what everybody use for combinations to combat this problem. Your opinions and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You

Re: Lift Problems

Ace,what kind of problems are you having?
    -Stopped between tires
    -Spinning between tires
    -Slipping belts
    -tripped motor

As for our lifts we use V organge on bottom,go cart on top,with vantage red "c" tracks...all our power lifts have low r.p.m. motors

Peanut
    Peanut

Comment

HEY ACE I WRENCHED IN A 24 LANE CENTER AND WHAT I DID WAS RUN THE GO CART TIRE ON THE BOTTOM AND THE ORANGE V TIRE ON THE TOP ONE MORE THING YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO IS SLOW YOUR ACL DOWN MY MOTOR PULLEYS WERE AT 1 INCH YOU DONT NEED THE BALLS COMING BACK AT MOCK 5 HOPE THIS HELPS YOU J B

Comment

OK, if the tires(whatever style) and C tracks are in good shape.....

Then I would check the clutch on the lower shaft for a flat spot...

To do so, mark the outside pulley with a felt pen... then grab the lower tire(the side closest to foul line) and pull it upwards(1/4"), then rotate it backwards(1/2"), do this very quickly, over & over again.... watch the outside pully rotate while you do this, let it go 360deg....

If you encounter a flat spot, the outside pulley won't rotate(on the upward stroke)... in other words it will free spin in both directions(for that 1/2" of travel)... once it's free spinning, it will continue to do so until it rotates another 1/2" or so(at the tire side), then it grabs....

The clutch is suppose to grab in one direction and free spin in the opposite direction....

When the ball comes through and the clutch hits this flat spot, that ball will sit in the bottom of the lift, until the next ball come through... then these two(or more) balls try to come up at the same time.... causing the jam....

The best combo I've tried is the Good Old Brunswick Hub & tire on the bottom and the Northern Bowling V tire on top, with all (4)C tracks with Quality Bowlings Red urathane tracks(don't know if Brunswick is still selling these since they bought Quality)....

Hope this helps....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
        Working...
        X