Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RED ALERT ON BRUNSWICK NEW PARTS

Two days ago i got a shippment of lower ball wheel guide rollers in. One assembly was put on and in less than one day it spun the ball bearing.. As i removed it the bearing it had no grease in it. I check the roller before it was installed.. Now i check the rest of my rollers to find that theres just enough greese to not here the balls click. And i found one where thay used a press and missed the inner and outter race...
    As a warning everybody check your new rollers from BRUNSWICK as you soon as you get them.It seems some body at quailty control was asleep at the wheel here.....
    After being in the bowling biss for 30+years
    ive used brunswick but seems things from them are going from bad to worse. But with so many new companys such as MURREY offering better parts than the original manufacture just go to show that big B is not as big as it once was.........

[This message has been edited by PARKER (edited 03-26-2000).]

Re: RED ALERT ON BRUNSWICK NEW PARTS

Parker:
    Alas:
    We are all paying the price for import bearings.
    It's been ten years since one could assume a correct bearing fit as well as fully lubricated unit. This problem is not isolated to any manuf. Indeed is common through out any industry utilizing bearings.

One is advised to check all bearings, both for fit and lub., before walking away from the project. In ball accelerators alone, one might have to try 3 bearings to acheive the noise level accecptable without specifying motor grade. Can't count the number of main bearings Iv'e installed on pit shafts, only to remove them because when installed one could feel the interference when rotating said bearing, indicating improper clearance, which will promptly result in failure.
    And these bearings purchased from multiple suppliers. Check them all, every time.
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

Yes...check the bearings BEFORE usage.I too have come acoss so many of them w/o enough grease in them and i spin them to see if i feel any sort of bind or jumpiness(for lack of better word)in them.However...i guess i am fortunate to have a bearing supplier close to me that can match up my needs with better parts,i have even gone to NAPA auto parts stores for some bearings with quality results.It's sad to see the quality go down but the prices go up.,inspect before installing is my motto!

Comment

I've had trouble with ball and Pinwheel Jackshaft bearings that are manufactured in France... too darn tight going in the frame holes.I have a habit of almostalways adding a little extra grease in bearings I even get from brunswick seems to give them extra life and stay quieter longer.I like the Blue Kendall grease its Lithium 427 I believe,and holds up for years in almost all bearings and adheres to Wormshaft splines great.....

------------------

Comment

i'm more worried about getting the correct parts.

we have the lightworx led system in our division cappings. we have 32 lanes in a split house (yeah, i know, dont get me started on split houses either). so after about 3 months, one of the controllers goes bad (one for each side of house). I call brunswick, they tell me it can't be bad after 3 months, but they will check into it. after 4 weeks, i finally get my package... it turns out to be some kind of controller for bumpers. i call good ol BC, and they tell me they will call me back.

i should have known better.. i call them back 2 weeks later (no call back yet), and they tell me that they "checked" all the inventory for wrong parts in the boxes in the warehouse, and they didnt see any problems. So, they assumed that I had the correct part, and I just didnt know what I was talking about.

huh? @#$%)*&^((%^$%^(*#!

after alot of, well real american language, they sent me out a the correct part, and said they would send a will call to pick up the "other" part. its been 2 months now, still have the "other" part, and havent been billed for it either. sheesh.

Wookie

Comment

I wrote this a while ago about brunswick. Ordered the new frameworks masking units and one of the panels was bad - damaged in shipping. No problem, will get you one out. About 2 weeks later I get this HUGE crate, weighing about 450lbs. (masking panel is about 5 lbs.) get the box off the truck and find 6 approach fill panels in the box. Called them up, We didnt send you those, we sent a masking unit panel. It took 4 months to get a new panel and 2 more months to get them to pick up the approach panels. I should have kept them and had a nice workbench out of the stuff

Comment

Im not sure how true it is fellow Chiefs & Pinchasers, buy here in the UK our main Brunswick agent tells me that Brunswick no longer make parts and all parts are contracted out to other companys, Hence could this be the problem. I have to wait between 6 - 12 weeks for a delivery from Brunswick, I now have to use Quality & Zot.
              The quality of parts I have recived from Brunswick are well below the acceptable level.

Comment

I have to agree with everyone on the parts issue. As with getting parts from brunswick you might as well swim the english channel. Ive found that going thru a reputable supplier is equally better and also shipping just as faster. But there are also pro's and con's with this. Many of us who have been in this business 20+ years such as myself have grown accustomed to the quality of parts. But as we get older we also tend to overlook. Rule of thumb. Always be careful.

Comment

We ordered (about 15 years ago) 2 shaker boards from brunswick. They sent 12, called them up and told them about there mix up and said we'll send someone to pick them up. Bill came for 2 boards and still no one has came to pick up the others. Thanks Brunswick $$$

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X