Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Bowling 2 to 1's

this morning sitting at the computer play a game of cards, I hear a noise I have never heard in 13+ years in this bowling center.
    I thought a plane hit the roof of the center.
    Find out that the 2 to 1 on lane 13 fell completely off of the gearbox. Thank god it was spotting pins when it happened or it would have broken the moving deck also. Had no warning signs that this was about to happen, just SNAP, and the bolts holding the everything together broke. After repairing the damage to the machine, bent scotch yoke plate, bent bearing track support assy., broken deck lowering hook, and the 2 to 1 assy, I dont know what happened to cause this,but a long day got longer than I wanted.

Re: Quality Bowling 2 to 1's

Marty:
    Be interested to know what you are going to replace the unit with. These replacments for the one piece, 2 to 1 crank, are not so trouble free. Cheaper to produce, but speed costs money, so does reliability.
    Been my experience some parts are not so aptly named. I never use the bolt together units, way to much working pressure on the bolts, without the needed sheer relief.
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

Hay marty.You probably got a pin jammed in something or in the 9 pin bucket and it caught the Pinsetter frame and couldnt blackout first and whatever was weak snapped.i been mechanic 25 years and never seen that yet,and Hope I dont ever.I'd make sure all my micro switches are working deck jam turret jam and motor overload.Check that noone put a stronger fuse in the 1 amp holder i did see someone put a 15 amp in there once and everything FRied to bare wire...LOL...Good luck

------------------

Comment

The unit I replaced it with was a 2 to 1 that I got from an old A house that closed down and was able to change it over to use with a scotch yoke. Only thing that I noticed that was different was the one that came off had a rubber o ring for a seal and the older one didnt, so I used a gasket. As for what happened? Leaning towards a worn out deck holding hook, and was it worn out. I think it just fell off the hook and free fell to the floor. Hard to tell with all the rest of the stuff that as broke as the same time. Wasnt to bad to do, but wqith everything else happening at the same time, example verhead monitor on lane 4 has been out for 8 f'in days. After finally getting time last night and this morning, find out a have a hungry little rat (or mouse) in the ceiling eating the wires to the monitor. Of coarse, he eats the wire above the ceiling ABOVE the pinsetter. Lots of fun standing on top of the rake lift shaft, keeping my balance and tring to solder wires back together. Been a long couple of days but the boss is away on a cruise for 18 days so I can take it a little easy for awhile.
        marty

Comment

Oh, Midwest, the unit that broke was a quality bowling unit

Comment

Marty:
            Some parts are not so aptly named are they?
            Roscoe.
            P.S.
            Be careful standing on light bars, I'v been led to believe one can slip off, if attention is diverted.
            rfm

Comment

speaking of light bars, ever had that support bar break while standing on it? enough to scare the shist out of ya !

Comment

Roscoe,
                Thanks for the laugh! I think your lighter side is starting to show!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X