Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic pinsetter service?

has anyone ever dealt with a company called APS (automatic pinsetter service)? they rework the splines in wormshafts and other clutch componets as well as recapping ball wheel and pinwheel guide rollers. i am getting ready to send some parts to them and i was wondering if anyone had dealt with them good or bad. i'd appreciate any opinions on this matter. if you're intrested i cant get an address or phone number for anyone that might want it. thanks, shamefowjze
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Re: automatic pinsetter service?

I've dealt with APS in the past and the worm and clutch and worm shaft reworks were as good as new. The prices were not too bad either. I plan on using them again in the future.

Ken

Comment

send me their address. if I can save a few bucks. Great!!!! Thanks.

Comment

There was a company called burroghs that did this kind of work...believe APS bought them out....could be wrong about that. But I used Burroghs years ago and had a problem with the resplining. They would cut off the old splines, drill and tap the remaining part of the worm shaft and thread in a new splined shaft section. I had a couple of these unthread. They replaced them and said they had solved the problem....wonder if anybody else had this same problem? It happened back in the early 80's. Other than that, no problems.

Steve
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

i've seen some of the wormshafts you're thinking of and we had nothing but problems with it. the shafts i've seen from aps were re-worked not cut off.
          Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
          Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
          Cloth: ShamWow!
          Machine: Johnny 5
          Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Can't help you with A.P.S, but i did deal with burroghs when i was young and DUMB. won't make that mistake agian.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X