Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white nylon deck rollers V/S rubber ones

I have a house full of brunswick white nylon deck rollers and it seems to me that they cause alotta unwanted pin jams.Ive always used the Rubber ones and never expierenced this problem.I used to Pitch them when i came across them,but i have no choice in the matter now because someone else orders all the parts and they think theyre better.Give me some feed back guys...Thanks

------------------

Re: white nylon deck rollers V/S rubber ones

Hey Jim
    You asked for views and I think the new deck rollers were JUNK when I bought them last year.
    I felt the old rubber rollers were WAY more reliable and when they went bad you could just order the rubber roller from Quality bowl and re-use the hub.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Grambo

Comment

I have the same problem with the white rollers in my center. I do not like them at all. Fortunatily the owners of this center closed one of there other centers and i was able to get 8 decks out of the center. i changed all i could.

tony

Comment

White rollers are not good. They don't last and give nothing but trouble. Stick with the rubber rollers.

Comment

Going back to the rubber ones myself.

Mike
          Mike Wilson
          Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

I guess I'm glad I've never heard of them.
            Drill
            Drill

David Bolt
            Champaign, IL
            USBC Silver Coach
            IBPSIA BOD
            IBPSIA Advanced
            Technical Certified
            Pro Shops

Comment

Thanks Mike,
              after we put 320 of the white ones on here!

jerrid
              and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Good Luck there guy they may work for awhile till they start sticking on the x-pins when they turn.Also with Spring and summer humidity coming Extra Good Luck.

------------------

Comment

put the rubber ones back on and kiss your troubles goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We also make deck rollers and it would be great if anyone who has posted here would like to evaluate them. Just call Bill or Jim and we'll get you a handful for free.Murrey deck rollers are a black urethane about the same durometer as our deck chute or slightly softer.A few years back we made them too hard and that created a bounce problem so we softened them up a bit and everyone seems to like them now. We value your feedback and would appreciate a call-800421-1022 or E-mail.Thanks, Jim Galloway

Comment

In my opinion, the black rubber rollers are the only way to go. I have tried all types and only the rubber ones last, and won't create deck jams from either freezing on the xpins or causing pins to bounce up and intefere with turret spoons, keeping the spider from locking. Anything but rubber is just asking for problems.

Comment

Well it Looks like there are some smart mechanics here in Bowltech.I also agree White nylon rollers are the worst thing to hit the Pinsetter market in my Opinion.They do bind up on the X-pins and cause deck jams alot.

------------------
                        John
                        John

Comment

the white urethane ones are garbage but can be modified to work a lil trick i learned from my head mech is to round the edges to match the black ones the sqareness of the edges cause alot of the problems we use our grinder and a pencil to do this good luck

------------------
                          james
                          james

Comment

I've got one machine that keeps jamming in #2 chute. The chute seems to be smooth enough, and doesn't seem to be causing the trouble. When the pin drops into the chute, though, it seems to sit at an angle on the roller. (hard to describe, I guess, but if the roller were rotated 90 degrees, the bottom of the pin would slide sideways into position...) The pin seems to be sticking on the roller, it allows the pin to wobble front to back, but not side to side, then when setting, it jams in the chute. I replaced the roller, also, new black rubber. Any thoughts???

Pins are a year old, but rough. Bottoms have been resurfaced to become flat, they're Bruns Max's.

Probably should post a new thread of this, but since we're on the subject already.....
                            Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

I just got my free Murray deck rollers in and im well pleased with the quality and texture of them.I put them in a troublesome spot and no jams yet.....Check that#2 pin deck chute out as to what Brandname it is and then check your 2 pin turret wire ajustment so that the pin falls properly into the chute.Also clean the aluminum around the deck roller I call it the half Moon...thats on the stationary deck or scissors deck...Good Luck

------------------

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X