Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPIDER TROUBLE

NEED SOME ADVICE ON WHAT TO LOOK FOR.FIVE PIN FALLS THROUGHT BUT DOESN'T RELEASE SPIDER ASSY.ONLY MOVES A LITTLE BIT.GIVES ME 180'S INTERMITTEDLY.

Re: SPIDER TROUBLE

hey sully,
    try lubricating the arm of the torsion latch where it meets the time delay gear, also check the torsion latch bumper for a flat spot which would bring the torsion latch further underneath the time delay gear making it more difficult for the spider to release it.
    hope this helps,
    bunsmechanic
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Comment

Don't forget to check the spider cam follower bearing, if its frozen you will get the same symptom.Sometimes a turret wire can be out of adjustment so that a pin is not sitting properly on the spoon and when the 5 pin falls thru the spoons won't be able to shift properly.So check to make sure all pins are sitting properly on the spoons.A blocking finger that is out of adjustment can also bind on your probe and allow the 5pin to fall thru and not release the pins from the turret.Hope this helps

Comment

I agree with all the above and another thing to look for is see if your Pin release lever is bent thats the tounge shaped thing inside 5 pin chute if its bent there will be more room for pin to fall through chute and not release spider.Also check the bronze bearings in the lever and the 2 paralell links to probe if they are broken or even missing this will cause slop and get malfunctions

------------------
        John
        John

Comment

THANKS GUYS I WILL CHECK IT OUT WHEN I GO IN..

Comment

I had a problem similar to this once and found out the guys had lowered the turret frame so low that the pin would bounce back up and behind the pin release lever and not index. I have seen some bent ones so you may want to check that out as well as it could be many things. Just make sure the trip lever is hitting the torsion latch and not hitting the nut on top of the turret clutch pulley. I have also seen the torsion latch drag on the frame as well and had to shim it up so that it would return without dragging and I have seen the torsion latch grab on the number stamping of the turret delay gear.
            Some of the Quality turret delay gears have the stamping so far out that I had to grind them down to get them to work.
            Study it carefully because as we all know it ends up being something simple that we just don't see at the time.
            As tedious as it can be have fun with it and try to keep your patience
            Drill
            Drill

David Bolt
            Champaign, IL
            USBC Silver Coach
            IBPSIA BOD
            IBPSIA Advanced
            Technical Certified
            Pro Shops

Comment

When I rebuild a pin release lever I always make sure that the measurement from the front edge of lever to the backend of lever measures 5 1/8 inches(I take a caliper and measure across)

Hope this also helps,
              Peanut
              Peanut

Comment

ALSO CHECK FOR A LOW TURRET WIRE HITTING ON YOUR SPOONS.
                Its just a matter of time until something will go wrong.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X