Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!
    Lately at our house i have been having trouble with pins not activating the multiindex on our brunswick machines.

i have let our manager know about the problem is there a way for me to personally try to fix this annoying problem?

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve:

First off, you'd be better off to put this post under pinsetters-brunswick, as not all of the techs read this section all the time.

At any rate, there are several causes for your problem, and it depends on which pin position is causing it.

General: Check position of latch relative to the bearing on the stop yoke, should be centered or slightly over center, Check condition of short link and x-pins in it (hold latch stationary and wiggle trip pedal to check for excessive play)

No index on 8 or 9 pin: Snubber probably set too close, check for 1/8 to 3/16 gap between pin and snubber at 8 or 9 pin (the tightest clearance pins).

No index on 5 pin: Possible bent pin release lever, probe may be too low, interfering with spider trip latch, bad turret clutch facings, bind in torsion latch, bind in td gear rotation, shot td gear bushings or bellcrank bushings.

ALso, check turret wires for adequate clearance, i look for about 1/4 inch total sideways movement with pin sitting in wires. Any closer will sometimes bind pin in wires, cuasing it to not hit trip pedal hard enough to index. pin should drop in without hesitation, but not bounce around while turret is indexing.

And the infamous no index on the 1 7 or 10 when all else works fine ... shot trip pedal bushings or adjacent outside wire not close enough help to guide pin in smoothly ... if the 7 or 10 go in somewhat sideways, it will often not trip the pedal

If you provide more specifics, we can help more ... this is all general, more detail possible with more info as to which positions are causing the problem.

Kevin

Comment

Check the bolts in the bottom of the cam, they are more than likely loose.

Drill
      Drill

David Bolt
      Champaign, IL
      USBC Silver Coach
      IBPSIA BOD
      IBPSIA Advanced
      Technical Certified
      Pro Shops

Comment

Well just a few things to try
        1. Read the manual on troubleshoooting
        2. Adjust or modify the snubber
        3. Adjust the indexing spring
        4. all depends on what pin it is

Comment

Check your indexing stop lever roller for flat spots.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...
          Working...
          X