Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turret time delay

Howdy boys! After the 5 pin drops through the center chute the delay doesnt always work.,the gear wont rotate.The trip arm is ok,belts and tension good but every so often you have to trip the index trip lever by hand (and maybe a few times to get it going)then the delay gear wakes up and runs fine for 3 days to a week.Its an otis style (green machine)if that helps but all else is ok be it facings etc.Sometimes the guys way over tighten the long turret belt and then it just doesnt work so i have to put it back to its running adjustment.so you brainy acts(lol)whats up wth it?Hmmm?go ahead tell me...lol.Show me what ya got.(lmao..been a long day)

Re: turret time delay

Check your indexing bellcrank. The bushings might be worn out or the mounting hole in the turret frame may be egg-shaped. Both of these will cause the roller on the bellcrank to drag on the bottom of the time delay gear. Also check to be sure spoons are opening without binding on something. I have also seen worn torsion latches and blocks on the bottom of the gear cause weird things during 5-pin indexing. Hope this helps.

billman
    let me be myself

Comment

Bill's ideas are good, I'd take a hard look at the torsion latch and the face on the TD gear that blocks it.

Also, check that the clutch plate itself, and the facings, are not bent/wavy. Sometimes, if you tighten the rivets too much putting on new facings, it will distort the plate and not give positive drive, even with new facings. If the facings are not flush with the plate all the way around, Try a new or different plate. While you're there, take a look at the teeth on the clutch plate and TD gear, burrs and/or crap in there can cause this problem too.

Hope something here helps:

Kevin

Comment

just had one doing this a few days ago and found the rivets on the slide plate that hold the plate and that tube? to the plate were broke loose causing my problem.

Comment

I agree with the other responses in checking on how the friction disc pads are and check the top pulley for excessive grooves.
          Another think to check is the clutch slide plate.
          The older ones have the bearing housing riveted to the slide plate.
          These can come losse and put the friction disc at a bad angle.
          You can weld the plate but just make sure to do it so no weld interferes with the holes for the roll pins and will not rub the clutch plate guides.
          Hope this helps.
          Oh, I almost forgot.
          Be sure and oil the time delay gear bushings and the large bushing for the friction disc before you re-install.

Comment

I been telling people for years that loose old style sliding plates cause lots of turret problems,and they all sorta blew me off told em to weld them.Why does all the new Brunswick ones come already welded?...Take a hint new age new ideas work.well good luck and more people otta listen to us old veterans on our experiences.....

------------------

Comment

ON THE OLD GREEN MONSTERS THE TURRET CLUTCH SLIDE PLATE WAS ALWAYS WELDED NOT
              RIVETED.THE MOST USUAL FAILURE FOR THIS
              STYLE PLATE IS THE TORSION LATCH PIN BRACKET
              AS IT IS WELDED TO THE PLATE INSTEAD OF THE
              NEWER STYLE BOLT ON PIN. SOMETIMES THIS BRACKET WILL BEND UPWARDS OR DOWNWARDS WHICH
              ALLOWS THE TORSION LATCH TO RUB THE TIME DELAY GEAR EITHER AT THE BASE OF THE LATCH
              ON THE TEETH OR THE UNDERSIDE OF THE GEAR.HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by blackout:
                Howdy boys! After the 5 pin drops through the center chute the delay doesnt always work.,the gear wont rotate.The trip arm is ok,belts and tension good but every so often you have to trip the index trip lever by hand (and maybe a few times to get it going)then the delay gear wakes up and runs fine for 3 days to a week.Its an otis style (green machine)if that helps but all else is ok be it facings etc.Sometimes the guys way over tighten the long turret belt and then it just doesnt work so i have to put it back to its running adjustment.so you brainy acts(lol)whats up wth it?Hmmm?go ahead tell me...lol.Show me what ya got.(lmao..been a long day)
                [/QUOTE]Check the the long link, the rubber spacer might be missing! PJ

[This message has been edited by PJ (edited 05-04-2000).]
                I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Check the roll pins on the spring retainer. They may have been pushed up, into the friction disk, dragging slightly on the bushing.

KS

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X