Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop this ride

I have a half-dozen or so lifts in my house on which harder surfce balls Yo-Yo unmercifully. It seems that the problem has existed on these lanes since long before I, or any of our staff, began working at the center. Clapper box rebuilds, new kicker strips(religiously), lift and spring rod adjustments....you name it, we've done it...but to no avail. I'm looking for the one element that I must be missing. Could a bad ball wheel alignment, gone uncorrected for years be the cause? I'm a relatively new mechanic...need some help from the veterans. Thanks
    "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Re: Stop this ride

Toolz, check your e-mail for a possible solution. I love e-mail!!!
    let me be myself

Comment

toolz,
      I can feel your pain..I went threw the same problem years ago,it drove me crazy because I am one who likes all the pinsetters adjusted and modified the same across the house,and yo-yo's would drive me crazy...I would come in at night during league running arond in back from lane to lane with an old pit shaft bending lift rods....
      Everyone has there on little way of adjusting so I can only share what works for us.I adjust pretty much by the book..but install a second spring over the exsisting spring rod spring(I install an outer deck control cable tube spring #12-100482)
      There are a few more tricks if this still doesn't do the job.We also run 30 inches of Techline ball wheel kicker on each wheel.
      We have 3 A-2 centers (116 lanes)and we average 1-3 yo-yo calls a month.With 65-85 units of oil.
      Hope this helps,
      Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

I went to the Zot 2 spring convertion kit and it all but eleminated our problems and I feel it keeps the ball centered as well. I use an orange rough top kicker that last as long as all the others and they work like a dream. I also converted all the lift rods over to the blue urethane rod covers and did away with all the rubber nonsense. I have had them on for over 2 years and they show no sign of wear yet and they clean real easy.
        Stay with it
        Drill

[This message has been edited by Drillmn300 (edited 04-21-2000).]
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

Hey Toolz.
          I used to have good luck getting rid of yo-yo's by adjusting the lift rod spring rod.
          I would loosen the stop collars and center the lift rods to the ballwheel, on pesky ones I would even move the rods a little closer to the rear frame.
          Also make sure the kicker strips are long enough to bring the ball up on one trip.
          I use to use 2 kickers back to back so that way if one fell off it had a backup.
          Hope these ideas help
          Grambo

Comment

I usually like to start with the basics when
            I have problems like this,remember to check
            the following.1.Be sure all guide rollers are
            in good shape,especially the lower groove one.2.Be sure your ball wheel is in adjustment.3lift rods are centered and parallel to the ballwheel.Kickers and spring
            rod kits like zot makes sure help also.You might try a new set of lift rods ,if you have
            old bent rods they are real difficult to deal
            with and adjust.If someone has bent them out
            of whack its real hard to reshape them.I have also used the urathane rod covers they clean up real well and last for years but I
            wouldn't recommend them on liftrods that I
            was having yo-yo problems.Every house has its
            own personality and I'm sure that many people
            don't have problems but I've had to remove
            them on several lanes in different house
            because of them creating yo-yos ,slick urathane, oil and hard bowling balls don't usually mix well.I've found
            the red brunswick rubber to be the safest one
            to use.
            Good luck

[This message has been edited by David Johnson (edited 04-23-2000).]

Comment

i have had this problem and went across the house with zot lift rod camps. they pull the lift rods together and are adjustable. have not had any trouble since!

Comment

both zot lift rod kits do work well for me, but I would check the top of your rods. See if they are parallel. My rods are 40 yrs old so I had to bend the top of the rods to make them parallel again. This stopped a lot of yo-yo problems. If the top of your rods are not parallel with the ball wheel I do not beleive anything will completely cure your problem. Just a trick of mine, good luck!!!!

[This message has been edited by Larry (edited 04-27-2000).]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X