Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Mover Pit Carpet Covers

Has anyone had any experiences with the pit carpet covers sold by Pin Movers? They called me up last week and sent a sample to try out. It's the size of a normal carpet but looks like a conveyor belt. About a 1/4 inch thick and very slick. I am a little leary about rubber carpet covers. Had one in a machine and it made a terrible mess. Turned the pins black.

Re: Pin Mover Pit Carpet Covers

i wouldn't recommend them. first off, the slick side won't move a pin . the pins will stick to it. the rough side goes up. we bought the ones with the velcro. and it lasted about a month. so, we had no choice but to screw them down. wich makes cleaning them a pain in the a##! i would recommend them ONLY if you have too many pit carpets and/or pit boards to replace and don't have the budget to get to the just yet. but even then i'd probably deal with the bad carpets or boards. their other products such as the cushion covers and pin curtains are good FOR THE PRICE. sometimes you give up a little quality for the price you're wiiling to pay. this is only MY opinion. good luck to you. -shamefowjze
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I would not recommend them because of dirt problem. You will spend more time cleaning these than changing carpets or carpet covers.I would not have them for any price.

Comment

We have 32 lanes of pin mover pit covers in place for 2 years. They provide excellent pin transfer and we clean them weekly by scraping with a razor blade scraper and wiping with stripper. We only clean the area from the cushion to the ball wheel.
        Jim H

Comment

My question would be "Why in the hell would you want them??"

For those of us who have been around a long time, the coming of the pit carpet cover was a blessing. It kept the carpets clean, and if changed on a regular basis, kept the pins clean. Before the covers came along, we were pulling and washing boards more often than I care to remember.

If you are having problems getting the pins off of the boards, look at the cleanliness of your covers. And what is the purpose of speeding up the transfer of the pins off of the board if the pin wheel can only handle so many at a time?

Keep the covers clean!!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X