Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinning Ball Eliminators

I've been in many different kinds of "pits"! I look for what kind of things or parts that other A-2 pinsetters have that we don't at the center I work at. I noticed these Spinning Ball Eliminators that is suppost to stop the ball from spinning on the ball wheel. I always get spinning balls. After cleaning the lift rods and ball wheel and I still get balls spinning. Does anyone out there use these things? Let me know how they work and help those damn oily balls get up the lift rods! Thanks =)

ß

Re: Spinning Ball Eliminators

Hay chaser cant run a Brunswick pinsetter without the S.B.Eliminators . But they have to be ajusted properly to do their job. ive used them all my years and spinning balls basically dont exist. But then agian so dont UFOs...LOL but ufos are rarely seen. Good luck

------------------
    John
    John

Comment

Agree that the SBE is necessary, owing to a fundamental design flaw. If you look at the lift rods, the ball must travel slightly uphill before it gets picked up by the front rod. Most times the ball will catch from the initial nudge the ball wheel gives it, but not always.

The problem is aggravated sometimes by the urethane caps we all use on the front rod when the rubber gets worn, they are hard enough that the ball will try to bounce off them sometimes, in some cases even causing spinners with SBE installed. I get around this by lightly filing the pick-up point on the cap, and putting a small piece of the brunswick or vantage traction strip on the contact point, to give the ball something to stick to.

Have SBE's on all 16, spinners almost unheard of, except for the case described above, which is easily cured.

Kevin

Comment

I also have the SBE on some of my machines. They work well. Make sure of your ball rod adjustments, check the book for starting point. I've had to adjust clapper box pin to 3/16" instead of 1/4". Make sure the SBE just touches the ball after it rolls onto ball wheel, if it's two low ball may not get under rods to lift. Hope this helps.

Comment

We have SBEs on all 40 of our monsters and I know they work because when you remove it during league to replace the rubber someone has to babysit the machine and push the balls up!

Comment

The SBE's seem to work but I don't have any on my 36 machines. This past fall I had 125 ball calls in one week, more oil and worn\ill adjusted lift rods proved to be the problem. After reading through a thread about lift rods and following the advice put out by Midwest Pinsetter Service. They are under control and have been for sometime now. No I didn't buy any SBE's. I now will get maybe one or two spinners a week. (Doing about 8900 lines a week). The machines do have a flat black rubber bungie cord ty-rapped across the lift rods. A sort of SBE I quess. Took a lot of work and a little trial and error. Good Luck Jack

Comment

I have one SBE in a 32 lane house. Dont have problems with spinner myself as long as the wheels are kept clean. While on this topic, has anyone bought these new lower rod cap things, I have one on a lane, looks like a lower rod cap with a dildo glued to it.(no comments) looking for an opinion on them, seem to do a good job stopping balls under the rods.
              marty

Comment

Marty:

While they did a good job of eliminating balls getting between the rod and the cushion, the two lanes I tried them on both started to get balls under the cushion, as it seemed they would hang up on the front of the contraption rather than settle into the ball wheel.

This after a few months, even went so far as to put an extra 2 washers under the subframe on 7 pin side of one machine, no help.

Now I'm thinking maybe it's because I have the P/A tuff devil fiberglass boards, they are thicker than a wood board, maybe the curvature on the cap is different lower on the cap??? You have wood boards or glass? and how old is the carpet?? These put divots in a new carpet in a matter of weeks in here.

Kevin

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by A2 PinChaser:
                  I've been in many different kinds of "pits"! I look for what kind of things or parts that other A-2 pinsetters have that we don't at the center I work at. I noticed these Spinning Ball Eliminators that is suppost to stop the ball from spinning on the ball wheel. I always get spinning balls. After cleaning the lift rods and ball wheel and I still get balls spinning. Does anyone out there use these things? Let me know how they work and help those damn oily balls get up the lift rods! Thanks =)

ß
                  [/QUOTE]

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by A2 PinChaser:

ß
                    [/QUOTE]
                    I have got a truckload of these things. They adjustment that has been elusive here is that you want to get the rod so that it just touches the ball as its "going up", if its too much then you get it pinned there and not enough and well you know the number, Spinner.

Comment

The thing doesnt give me a bit of trouble, using wood boards and old original brunswick carpets. Pit frames are jacked up a little high in the front to help balls roll off the board, but this was done before installing it.

Comment

This subject always intrests me. I have the original hand built ones on all my machines. The previous mechanic at our center built and sold them out of the back end of my center. He made more money doing that then when he sold the patent to century. It dosnt always pay to sell the patent! But if anyone is interested in the drawings so you can make your own email me at thefirsbowl@aol.com and i'll send them to you. Not sure of the price of them right off hand, but im sure you can make them cheaper.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X