Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin gate latch-an easier way

I am a newcommer and would like to share this with anyone who is interested.
    This concerns the pin gate latch. As you know you have to do just about everything but stand on your head to get that little x-washer of the pin. Well there is an easier way. Once you get off, get rid of it (its usually worn on the ends anyway), replace it with a 5/16-18x3½ bolt (PN 11-001278) and a 5/16 locknut (11-170009).
    Tighen the nut so that it will hold the latch tight. Then pull the latch to the top and back off the nut just enough to allow the latch to fall freely. I have been doing this for last 10 years and it sure makes it easier the next time around.
    PJ
    p.s. Don't forget to pull your belt back down again!
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Re: Pin gate latch-an easier way

been taking the x washer off for years at 270 and use a good light and a pair if regular pliers and push the pin over and clamp onto the x washer and lift the belt up of course.and if pin is frozen in the cross conveyet drill a hole by the microswitch and insert a pin punch and drive it out may haveta heat it in a lack of PMS.perventative Maintenance Schedule,And the Bolt will work good if the holes on CC are Oblonged out.

------------------

Comment

Hi Jim, I use the 270 also but if you have the bolt in place allready you can even change it during league (5 min delay) provided you have an extra latch, and you dont even have to drop the deck! PJ
      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

NICE POST PJ. I'LL TRY IT.

Comment

hey guys,
          i can't stand that pin so what i do is when i change the latch or pull it out for whatever reason i install a hitch pin on the microswitch side so all thats involved in removing it is simply pull it with a pair of pliers, much easier than the x-washer and you can still use the original pin, provided it isn't worn.
          hope this helps,
          brunsmechanic
          GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Comment

While we're on the hitch pin subject, they are the cat's meow for the X-pin in the cushion shock, so if one blows out (piston unscrews itself) in the middle of a league, you aren't fishing next to the kickback for the x washer that will NEVER come off the first time ... or the tenth, for that matter

Kevin

Comment

I know the bolt sounds like a great idea,but I have used one when I had no good unworn spare X-pins.The bolt doesnt fit as tight into the brass bearings as tight as the x-pins and in my opinion causes slop in the pingate movement resulting in latch locking or unlocking at the improper time.The specs are different and I'm sure that Brunswick desighned it for an x-pin only or they woulda put a bolt there in its place.As in other places too a bolt may be used but its not as snug as the x-pins.And as far as being easier to get to is no excuse to install a semi-quick fix.I have absolutely no problem getting the X-washer off the x-pin myself.Good hands is all it takes.Have a nice day....John

------------------
              John
              John

Comment

We converted one of our centers to the bolts,
                with great success,we were going to repaint our cross conveyors anyway so we welded a 5/16-18 stover nut to the side of cross converyor for both the pin gate and the pin gate latch.Simply unscrew bolt and assemblies fall right out.Works well in centers where holes have become enlongated.

Peanut
                Peanut

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X