Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Jam Eliminators

I installed several of the Brunswick ball jam thingys on my model As. They work pretty well at keeping balls from jamming under the elbow. I do have a couple of lanes that will get the dreaded ball in front of the cushion and had to remove the Klingon Phaser.(anybody else have a better name for the darn thing?) Some bowlers did notice the "red thing" in the pit. Perhaps the big "B" guys could make it a darker color. Just my thoughts, billman
    let me be myself

Re: Ball Jam Eliminators

I've installed about 8 of those things also and had to remove half of them because of getting ball returns in front of the cushion.

Comment

They were great at stopping the ball between rod and cushion problem, but the ball under the cushion took its place ...

Wondering if it's because the P/A fiberglass boards are thicker, causing the ball to ride higher on the gizmo than designed for ... ???

The problem machines, were they wood or glass boards, would be interested to know.

Kevin

Comment

i install the ball jam eliminator on one of my pinsetters and so far no a complaint. i haven't had a ball return of any kind yet. it's only been on for a week but thus far i'm a beleiver....shame
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I have about a dozen bje's installed. I have found on fiber glass or wood if the carpet does not have enough elevation the ball will get caught in front or under cushion. Try raising the front of carpet frame and be sure adjustment of carpet above ball wheel is correct. This has solved about 95% of my problems. As for bowlers seeing them, they will get used to them, the bje's do not move.

Comment

I had some of the original Ball Jam Eliminators that were more of a yellowish color. Brunswick recalled them and replaced them with the Red ones. I must say the first ones were less obvious to the bowlers. I had a bowler ask me about them and I explained what it was there for. He was actually happy(imagine that!)to hear that we were taking proactive steps to eliminate damage to his $150+ ball. Note: Quality didn't do much better in the color area.....they have green ones.

Comment

I also have some of the original yellow ones. (3) I have found no difference between the yellow ones and the red ones. Don't understand why they recalled them.

Anyway; I have found that raising the rear of the pit frames to the proper height eliminates the need for the BJE altogether. I have been removing them as I raise the pits and recover the front lift rod.(cutting some of the cover off is required when installing these) Needless to say...I'm not rushing through removing them...too expensive to recover lift rod just to remove something I didn't need to begin with. Besides...they work well as a lower urethane rod cover.

Steve
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

i have one small quick question?? what is a BALL JAM ELIMINATOR???

Comment

I agree with Jbees - about a year or so ago we had more ball problems of going up between the lift and cushion than we could shake a stick at. We started raising the rear of the pit frames AND bending the lower inside liftrod rearward with an old pit shaker shaft. It helped get the front lift rod away from the pit cushion. The 2 adjustments combined has nearly eliminated balls going up between lift & cushion, and it didn't cost anything, but it took some time.

Comment

Senator...new device introduced by Brunswick to replace the lower urethane lift rod cover on the front lift rod and stop balls from getting stuck between the lift rod and the pit cushion. Some of us have found that the real problem was the ball starting up before it has fallen onto the ball wheel. By raising the rear of the pit frame to its proper height solved the problem instead of installing a 40 dollar part to cover up the problem. I believe this problem stems from the added height of the ball wheel with a kicker added to it. It catches the ball too soon and forces it to ride up the front rod...never reaching the rear rod and ending up between the front rod and the pit cushion.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 07-30-2000).]
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X